Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-bay true track

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 PM
michaelwdavis
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
I installed the Progressive Suspension Tour Link...cost about $155 with shipping from Amazon, and didn't reduce clearance a bit due to its design. Why would you want to install something that hangs below the frame?

How does the Progressive Suspension Tour Link perform?? Did you have handling issues before.........the infamous "wobble"??

Old 10-08-2014, 09:15 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
I installed the Progressive Suspension Tour Link...cost about $155 with shipping from Amazon, and didn't reduce clearance a bit due to its design. Why would you want to install something that hangs below the frame?
The trutrak fits in the dog bone and hangs about 1/2 inch down. That part is beveled so if it did hit something it is not an issue. Not saying anything against the PS that you have. I have the TT largely because I got a great deal on it and it works.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:46 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Good point. How about a proven track record with known customer service. When you buy a knockoff that has not shown itself over to years to be best availible product, your taking your chances. Now, I buy knockoffs all the time, so I'm no one to talk. I just have great personal experience with the true track and am very happy with it. I also like this forum. And its kept up and running through sponsorship. I just like to do my part. Its your money and your bike. Your welcome to spend it any way you wish. I only wanted to offer options and personal experience.

I'll pay some more for great customer service, its hard to come by with motorcycle products sometimes. if I know in advance that its good I will be steered toward that product. I've been burned with a few things in the past............

Old 10-09-2014, 06:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I've used a genuine True-Track on my Dyna and Glide, since before most of the knock-off kits were introduced. T-T are the only brand who make a kit for all the touring rubber-mounts, while the new comers cherry pick the most recent models.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Red-line
Tourer

The problem with the Progressive Suspension unit is that it does NOT work with your oem header pipe. Why they would design a product like that, I don't know... but it seems kind of dumb to limit your sales and require that your part only fits if aftermarket parts are already installed.

That being said, I have been considering this "Track-true" ebay alternative to the true-track for some time now. The $300 savings in price might be a pill I'm willing to swallow. The ebay reviews from those who purchased one are all positive.

Forum sponsor or not, price gouging has it's price...

Old 10-20-2014, 07:05 PM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
There is no substitute for the real deal. I'd rather pay the extra money to the company that did R&D and designed it the way they did for the specific reason instead of a knock off that just copied them. Just sayin'......
What he said! Our little HD universe, more than most, lives by the innovators doing their thing. (Dang near all of us do it to some extent.) I support them wherever I can, even if it costs more.

Where would we be without folks in their garages dreaming up better/faster/cooler stuff?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Red-line
Tourer

Originally Posted by jefla

Where would we be without folks in their garages dreaming up better/faster/cooler stuff?
The same can be said about folks finding cheaper, and often better, ways of improving and/or marketing a product for the masses. Where would we be without competition?

I'm in no way saying that the "track-true" design is better, as I haven't tried either, but it is obviously less expensive for essentially the same materials.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 AM
toothmansteveb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is that I installed the real True Track on my 09 Ultra hoping that it would help with some handling problems. Really could not tell any difference so now I am going to replace swing arm bushings(Indy seems to thinks that is the problem). Oh and the hole for the tranny drain is not large enough for a socket to fit in. Not real impressed for the $400.