Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-bay true track

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default E-bay true track

Anyone buy this and used it? Seems like it's well made looks like it might sit a little low?

Attached Thumbnails E-bay true track-t2ec16d-se9swm-u-gbrh-mim6gq-60_57.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 11:46 PM
GNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't purchase that one, but have used the TruTrack on my '03. Can't say enough good about it! Corrected my handling problems.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:32 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Be aware that there is a brand called True-Track who introduced the first of the stabilizer kits and that isn't one of theirs! CE have jumped on the band wagon and call that kit Track-True! Corny or what?!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:01 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

As grbrown mentions, that kits a copy. I wanted to follow up with the fact that the REAL True-Track is a long time HDForum site sponsor, the THE Dyna forum sponsor. If you really wanted a stabilizer system, please buy the original, from the original, and help support sponsors. I have used them on my Dyna and cant say enough about them.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:05 AM
trace2008
Extreme HDF Member

Received 6,553 Likes on 3,117 Posts

quality and price...

lets say Ford made the first American auto, but Chevy is clearly better or less expensive...

... but, i can understand product loyalty, why else would i ride a Harley?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:22 AM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
As grbrown mentions, that kits a copy. I wanted to follow up with the fact that the REAL True-Track is a long time HDForum site sponsor, the THE Dyna forum sponsor. If you really wanted a stabilizer system, please buy the original, from the original, and help support sponsors. I have used them on my Dyna and cant say enough about them.
Yeah, it's corny that they swiped the name but why should a person be pressured to spend nearly $300 more on a comparable product just because they pay money to be a sponsor here?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by 06SGWA
Yeah, it's corny that they swiped the name but why should a person be pressured to spend nearly $300 more on a comparable product just because they pay money to be a sponsor here?
Good point. How about a proven track record with known customer service. When you buy a knockoff that has not shown itself over to years to be best availible product, your taking your chances. Now, I buy knockoffs all the time, so I'm no one to talk. I just have great personal experience with the true track and am very happy with it. I also like this forum. And its kept up and running through sponsorship. I just like to do my part. Its your money and your bike. Your welcome to spend it any way you wish. I only wanted to offer options and personal experience.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have similar positive thoughts on sponsoring vendors but that big of a price gap definitely has had me researching off brands. I plan on my wheel upgrade with HogPro for the simple fact that he knows his stuff and stands behind everything he sells, very publicly. He's a tad more expensive, so I know what you mean.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

For $155 I would take the chance, looks like a well made product.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:08 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

im all for helping out small business and or forum supporters but on the same token if i have a headlght out on my truck i dont go to gm for a bulb i go to autozone or walmart and get watever brand they have.

Quick Reply: E-bay true track