Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diy air ride

Old 10-08-2014, 07:49 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

posting to find later.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:27 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson13
posting to find later.
Subscribed. This is definitely on our list of mods my friend!!!!!

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 10-08-2014, 01:16 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing that's not covered clearly is the bushings. Is there a better explanation of this somewhere, or could someone explain it with some details?
Thanks.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06SGWA
The only thing that's not covered clearly is the bushings. Is there a better explanation of this somewhere, or could someone explain it with some details?
Thanks.
I believe the bushing number is energy suspension 9.9105G 4 bar bushing? Gotta press out the bushing and replace it with these for proper bolt fitment.

Blackswampbiker thanks for that parts list appreciate it. Im gettin anxious to start ordering parts to do this haha.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 PM
06SGWA
Road Master

Thanks Hellbilly. I actually placed the compressor in my Amazon cart and up popped all the goodies that other people purchased with it, bushings included. I'm down to finding proper quantities of fittings and remote control unit now. Fun cheap mod.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:14 AM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Thanks Hellbilly. I actually placed the compressor in my Amazon cart and up popped all the goodies that other people purchased with it, bushings included. I'm down to finding proper quantities of fittings and remote control unit now. Fun cheap mod.
No problem man. Yea i noticed that on amazon as well looks as if it must be a pretty popular set up goin by that haha. Everything that ya gotta do to the shocks starts to get confusing with reading so much about it. I got on choppedbaggers.com and read some stuff there to. Thats a pretty interesting forum as well. Its mostly full blown custom bagger stuff. Only thing that sucks is you gotta sign up before they let you read anything

Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 AM
06SGWA
Road Master

Yeah Hellbilly, I'm still confused about trimming bushings, drilling this or that... Nobody really has clear explanations. I guess the best way for me is to see it in person and go from there. Like you said, it looks like lots of people have done this so it can't be all that hard. I'll post my findings here next week.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:15 AM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Yeah Hellbilly, I'm still confused about trimming bushings, drilling this or that... Nobody really has clear explanations. I guess the best way for me is to see it in person and go from there. Like you said, it looks like lots of people have done this so it can't be all that hard. I'll post my findings here next week.
Cool man definitely let me know how you make out. The trimmin part confuses me a little bit as to how much needs trimmed. I think its just trim it to the length thats stickin out on the other side. The bushing to me is pretty straight forward. The other part that confuses me as ive never had my shocks off is the piece thats in between the fender strut and shock that a detatchable back rest mounts onto is that seperate from the shock or is that one piece with the shock. Ill be needin that so i can use the backrest for when the ol lady is along. She hates ridin without it. I mean if i gotta make one its no big deal im a machinist and i can do it but wasnt sure if its just a spacer or if its part of the stock shock. Everything else on this seems pretty damn easy. Especially since i dont have abs everything should pretty much mount up under the right side cover. Where are you plannin on installing your air gauge?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM
06SGWA
Road Master

Originally Posted by hellbilly78
Yes, that little front mount is separate from the shock. On my old bike it's just a sleeve that fits over a bolt but you're right, it's real close to the shock and is even cut out to clear it. I bought the bigger compressor and plan on installing it in the fairing. I'm also running bigger 1/4 lines to everything but the shocks. I'm not sure about the gauge location yet. IMO it's too ugly to mount in the fairing. Would be nice to find a real small gauge, like 1". Digital would be cool too but nothing small out there that I could find.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer

So that sleeve deal that the detatchable backrest mounts onto right next to the shock is just a seperate sleeve from the stock shock itself and can be reused with the new shocks so i can still use my detatchable passenger backrest then? Or will that space the top of the shock out to far and wont be able to do that? That would be the deal breaker for me if i couldnt i couldnt do that as the ol lady hates ridin without it and i use the luggauge rack occasionaly to haul stuff. Yea i dont want to mount the gauge in the fairin either. Im thinkin about makin somethin to mount it in and possibly mount up on that frame brace above the transmission or somewhere in that general area

Last edited by hellbilly78; 10-09-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: added info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: diy air ride