Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally did my breather bypass (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:09 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stan60
Got the install done. Nothing difficult here. Hardest thing is just trying different tube routing to see what you may or may not like. I'll post some of the pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully, I can get a few miles on tomorrow to see how it performs.
Cool.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:58 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Mine gets done next week when I take the bike in for its 10k service and to get the S&S Power tune duals installed.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:51 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Can't believe I missed this thread...good info & ideas!

Old 11-02-2014, 06:24 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rbferg
I have the Ventilator and I'm thinking about running the hose inside the plate rather than tapping for NPT fittings and then just feed the hose out through a hole in the backing plate. Does anyone know if the stock breather bolts (with nipples) would work without pinching the hose? I have no problem tapping for fittings, just thought it might hide as much as possible.
I used those bolts with the nipples and DK's discreet breather system. The kit comes with 2 90dg hoses that work just fine.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:28 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AC Venting/ Oil/ Engine Cleaning ???s

Ive found quite a bit of info with searches throughout the forum.

For that reason, I didn't want to start an entirely new thread.

I figured I could ask here since my questions are in line with this topic.

Ive got the AC pictured below. It has "ears" on it that block the bolts/holes that the vent systems connect to.

I thought it'd be necessary to get the DK until I checked that.

Anybody have any idea how I could vent my TB with this AC?

When I pull the filter off, the throttle body has quite the coating of oil.

Speaking of oil, when I check mine, its at the "Full Hot" line with the engine cold.

Does that mean its overfull, and could be contributing to the oil in the TB?

Im asking because it looks like oil is making its way onto my engine between my push tubes onto the wrinkle black.

How do I clean that off without discoloring or damaging the finish?

Appreciate the help fellas and ladies.

Attached Thumbnails Finally did my breather bypass  (pics included)-18_933_01l.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Getting prepared to do mine. Do I have to use suck large tubing, or could I use the smaller tubing like the same size as the factory tubing?

Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 AM
stan60
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing that I have noticed since doing this little modification and I don't think it's just my imagination....there seems to be a pretty noticeable increase in power. The only thing that I have to go on is just seat of the pants feel and like I said, I don't think it's my imagination. I'm guessing that it would be due to the simple fact that the motor is now getting cooler, cleaner air? Any ideas, opinions? Is it my mind playing with me or what?

Old 11-03-2014, 10:22 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

One thing that I have noticed since doing this little modification and I don't think it's just my imagination....there seems to be a pretty noticeable increase in power. The only thing that I have to go on is just seat of the pants feel and like I said, I don't think it's my imagination. I'm guessing that it would be due to the simple fact that the motor is now getting cooler, cleaner air? Any ideas, opinions? Is it my mind playing with me or what?
there's a plethora of good, bad, and ugly information out there pertaining to this specific topic; I personally have no technical data to be able to give you an educated answer with but I will tell you that no oil going into the throttle body of an air-cooled vtwin is a good thing and that is simply common sense.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 AM
CVORoadKing2013
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I am planning on doing this mod soon. I Have the same breather as UltaNutz and plan on following his directions for drilling the back plate. But I am going to do the breather filter like fwb35

I was thinking of dressing it up and using braided tubing with AN fittings but I can't seem to find a breather with threaded inputs either dual input or single input.

Anyone know where I can find a filter one like in the picture?

Old 11-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

DK Customs posted a Dyno before/after chart a few pages back.

Quick Reply: Finally did my breather bypass (pics included)