Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally did my breather bypass (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:05 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Wow, after looking at the TB I was concerned with mine looking like that. Any recommendations on how to flush some of that out?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:07 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

I was told by a couple of reputable builders to use distilled water in a spray bottle with the bike running.. keep spraying into the TB working the throttle to keep it running. I'll dig up the PMs I got so you have exact/accurate information on how to do it.

The following 3 users liked this post by UltraNutZ:
BrownSanta (03-01-2017), Rollbar (08-01-2022), shimaze (08-15-2018)
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I still think I came up with one of the best/cleanest looking,invisible mods so far.If I do say so myself.

Copied and pasted my solution from one of the many threads about crankcase breather venting.

This is what I came up with after being unable to find any system that would work with a SE stage one backplate, I went with dual hoses parallel to bottom of rocker box covers then down to hidden catch can in cowbell. Marine shrink wrap over fittings tapped into backplate really cleaned it up.

This is why. I didn't have a lot of oil drippng, But enough to make a mess on cam cover,pipes,side cover,and front of saddle bags if I didn't clean the filter every week or so. It looks like this because the moisture and oil are being shaken like a paint mixer in the cowbell. Glad this gunk isn't going in my intake.

The following 2 users liked this post by Smokey Stover:
my1sthog (09-11-2016), Tall Timber (08-27-2016)
Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

this is from John @ TorqueInc

you mix the seafoam and distilled water like 50/50....not a watch building process and spray it in while engine running about 1800-2000 rpm

yes you remove the air cleaner....I use a spray bottle I get from the parts store.....made to spray light oils....I think the one I have now I got at napa...in fact im sure of it

I seafoam and mmo.....I use an old metal cap its a little smaller than a shotglass....about every 3-4 fillups and it seems to do the job better than anything else out there.

Hope that answers your questions...if you have more....just ask

The following 5 users liked this post by UltraNutZ:
Bafflingbs (10-11-2022), BrownSanta (03-01-2017), Rollbar (08-01-2022), the jacobite (11-26-2016), tjconnection (01-09-2022)
Old 10-08-2014, 07:15 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
I still think I came up with one of the best/cleanest looking,invisible mods so far.If I do say so myself.

Copied and pasted my solution from one of the many threads about crankcase breather venting.

This is what I came up with after being unable to find any system that would work with a SE stage one backplate, I went with dual hoses parallel to bottom of rocker box covers then down to hidden catch can in cowbell. Marine shrink wrap over fittings tapped into backplate really cleaned it up.

This is why. I didn't have a lot of oil drippng, But enough to make a mess on cam cover,pipes,side cover,and front of saddle bags if I didn't clean the filter every week or so. It looks like this because the moisture and oil are being shaken like a paint mixer in the cowbell. Glad this gunk isn't going in my intake.

Smokey, seeing your system (impressive by the way) during my research reinforced my conclusion I needed to tap barbs in that area. Your collection container and where you put it is pure genius.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:36 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
this is from John @ TorqueInc

you mix the seafoam and distilled water like 50/50....not a watch building process and spray it in while engine running about 1800-2000 rpm

yes you remove the air cleaner....I use a spray bottle I get from the parts store.....made to spray light oils....I think the one I have now I got at napa...in fact im sure of it

I seafoam and mmo.....I use an old metal cap its a little smaller than a shotglass....about every 3-4 fillups and it seems to do the job better than anything else out there.

Hope that answers your questions...if you have more....just ask
Ultra, let me see if I understand what your saying; you mix seafoam with Marvel Mystery oil mixed 50/50 and mix it with your fuel every 3 or 4 fillups equal to the volume of a shot glass....correct? and you can use a spray bottle mixed 50/50 with seafoam and distilled H20 spraying into the intake in the designated RPM range.
What are your thoughts on Lucas injector cleaner?

Last edited by TUCCI; 10-08-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks TUCCI, It evolved through a bit of Trial and error. Glad I had an extra A/C backplate to experiment with, The dual hoses worked better than a tee for routing the hoses level and down without an uphill trap.
Some details and more photos in this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...-pressure.html

Old 10-08-2014, 07:58 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Ultra, let me see if I understand what your saying; you mix seafoam with Mother Mystery oil mixed 50/50 and mix it with your fuel every 3 or 4 fillups equal to the volume of a shot glass....correct? and you can use a spray bottle mixed 50/50 with seafoam and distilled H20 spraying into the intake in the designated RPM range.
What are your thoughts on Lucas injector cleaner?
TUCCI those are John's words. I haven't had the opportunity to test the spraying method but I will on mine soon. I have a borescope camera so I'll take before and after pics of the process. But yes sir you're understanding correctly on both. I'm not a believer in injector cleaners myself. I think it's snake oil but that's just me

Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
is it the chrome filter in between your push-rods?
Yes it is. Think I paid about $10.00 for it.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:09 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

first I would like to say I like the little HD covers you put in the original air cleaner bolt holes...As far as cleaning the intake and pistons I have found that plain old ATF (automatic transmission fluid) works great, just put it in a sprayer and spray the intake with it with the motor running at fast idle until the motor stalls, let the bike sit a few hours to over night, then pull the plugs hold a rag over the plug holes and crank it over a few times to blow the extra ATF out of the plug holes, clean the plugs with some brakekleen or even just alcohol, reinstall, roll the bike outside and start it up (it will blow a big cloud of smoke out) and you are good to go....ATF works really good because it has a ton of detergents in it (if you don't believe me try cleaning parts or even dirty hands with it and you will see for yourself)to remove the carbon from the cylinders/pistons/rings and at the same it will lube the cylinder walls unlike a solvent which will dry the walls..you can do the same with seafoam but I am not sure it will lube the cylinder walls..I have used this method for years and had great results with it....water also works, by raising the compression which blows the carbon off the pistons, but I like the ATF method better, but that is just me...

The following 2 users liked this post by mrfikser:
BrownSanta (03-01-2017), slippin_jimmy (03-18-2021)

Quick Reply: Finally did my breather bypass (pics included)