Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody not like LED/Daymaker lights?

Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
My other thread has part numbers. Custom Dynamics tail light board was a fraction of the cost of bright *** tail light. None of my pictures show it lit up with the brakes pressed. I am going to have to get a rope or something to hold it while I snap a picture.
Got it thanks.
Here's Prot's link for anyone wanting a look:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo-c...n-signals.html

Old 10-19-2014, 07:20 PM
hogsfly
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UH, NOOOOOOOooooooooooo.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:36 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Installed the Daymaker Reflector on my '13 SG and I can say that it is definitely brighter and cleaner light than stock. Can't speak on how it compares to the DM Projector or HID units, but I'm more than happy with mine and probably won't ride another bike without one.

Added bonus? The Reflector model is less expensive. Win-win.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM
whittaker727
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On my '12 Ultra LTD, I put the TL 7 in as well as the relay to allow my driving lights to stay on with the high beams. Bar none, the brightest 3 lights I've ever seen on during the day. I will be putting the same relay in my '15. Weather or not I swap the DL out for the TL remains to be seen.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,652 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash
Most of my riding's during the day.I was ready to buy the HD Daymaker,hell Kutter HD's only a little ride from home for 20% off.

Did my research and decided against the Daymaker,there's plenty of room left for improvement of LED Headlights for motorcycle use and it'll happen in the coming years but given the current options I see no reason to hop on the bandwagon.

My Setup:

HL79562 Hella 7" Round H4 E-Code Headlamp - Sylvania H4 ST SilverStar High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb 55 Watt Low/65 Watt High
How long have you run the SilverStars? I tried them twice and didn't get one full ring season out of either one of them. I don't think they take well to the vibration and bouncing that motorcycle headlights see.
Just my experience

Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Duracell
How long have you run the SilverStars? I tried them twice and didn't get one full ring season out of either one of them. I don't think they take well to the vibration and bouncing that motorcycle headlights see.
Just my experience
Info I've seen posted from Osram - Sylvania customer service says that there used to be both a standard and heavy-duty version of this bulb and that currently the bulb's filaments are all built to the heavy-duty specifications.

I haven't run 'em for long enough to say anything about longevity, but have friends that have run them for years and they keep running them.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.
The bikes that are in front of me at night don't like mine......

I got the Truck Lite 7 and a few of my riding buds said the light is a little much when Im behind them at night., but they don't mind me going in front and lighting our way

Old 10-21-2014, 06:01 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Melroy
I got the Truck Lite 7 and a few of my riding buds said the light is a little much when Im behind them at night., but they don't mind me going in front and lighting our way
Check your adjustment with all of your normal gear on the bike and with you sitting on it, and if you carry a passenger more often than not, get them to sit on it too while making the adjustment.

I had my shocks changed recently and just that caused my adjustment to be out of whack.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:40 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogster 1
I gotcha.... but I'm still not quite satisfied. Can you for sure say that the cagers can see your light? All the LED's I've seen DO show up well in the rearview mirrors, side mirrors or front on... as you have said. I don't know the angle that the light is in view. Does it include them? I'm sure it is very bright when it is in view. but if you are not in the "cone of light" the , can they see anything?
I can say with relative certainty that I can be seen by cagers. I have no factual documented tests. My basic test suited my needs. I stood at every angle imaginable and could see it. My neighbor thought I was crazy...couldn't figure out why my bike was on, but I was over 200 feet away --standing in the road.

I have stood nearly 90 degrees to the left or right of my bike---many feet away and could see it. I guess this would "mimic" not being T-Boned by a car? I allowed the forum to scare me against buying them because ppl said they couldn't be seen....until I saw enough of the reflective style to know they were fine. The projective--not so much--angled view isn't good.

I understand your concerns brotha.....but I don't have one concern with these things not being seen. Not one---I don't know if it's because they are the reflective style that makes them work---but I don't have any issues.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Check your adjustment with all of your normal gear on the bike and with you sitting on it, and if you carry a passenger more often than not, get them to sit on it too while making the adjustment.

I had my shocks changed recently and just that caused my adjustment to be out of whack.
I agree totally----the only thing they should do is light up the world...they may be just a tad too high. I can stand in front of my bike at night----look directly into the headlight and it doesn't "kill me" .....I have to squat down alot and then "BAM" ...pure pain in my eyes.....which means they aren't aimed into car driver's eyes or motorcyclists mirrors to where its painful. Take a look at your adjustment....I did alot of simple tests with my 16 year old daughter while she was in her car and me on my bike at night

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anybody not like LED/Daymaker lights?