Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate Cover

Old 10-18-2014, 09:49 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default License Plate Cover

I am looking for an online or local place that sells the On Track TollFree Protector for a motorcycle. Anyone know who carries them? I can find them for the car but not for a motorcycle. I sent On Track an email late last week and didn't hear back from them.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:55 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its on their website scroll down a bit. says for motorcycle, $29.99

here's the link..........

http://www.buyradardetectors.com/pro...protector.aspx

Old 10-18-2014, 09:58 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Geeezzze, and I looked, just missed it. thanks much!!!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:00 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

You understand those are illegal in Texas, right?

I don't have a dog in the fight, and really don't care, but can't, in good conscience, NOT say something.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:01 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Geeezzze, and I looked, just missed it. thanks much!!!!!

No problembo, good luck Man.......... as Safety Man said they are illegal in a lot of places..

Old 10-18-2014, 10:05 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it work a few bad reviews on there site saying it doesn't work

Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Illegal here in Louisiana. I write tickets for them esp when people say, "Oh, I wasnt aware." I HATE and dont agree with camera speed or red light enforcement, but I dont like not being able to read your plate.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:36 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

I don't know about their legality as I have not gotten that far in my research. You jumping to conclusions as to why I want one though. Several months ago, I was reading an article in PopSci that talked about repo agents that subscribe to a service. In a nutshell, they get reduced rates for supplying data that their camera captures while out on the road. Then, last week, I was talking to a guy who owns a recovery company. He was telling me that he submits over 350,000 plate captures a week to a data house. This data house compiles the data and if you are a subscriber, you can get data on just about any vehicle you want. Not that I am worried too much but in my book, that just ain't cool.

I have four NATA passes and they are on each of our vehicles. I don't use them all that much and maybe spend $10 a month on tolls. Plus, if you want to, in DFW, just ride the white line when going under the check point as all the toll roads around here have the sensors in the ground and you can split them just fine on a bike, And, I have never gotten a red light camera ticket as I don't run them.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
I don't know about their legality as I have not gotten that far in my research. You jumping to conclusions as to why I want one though. Several months ago, I was reading an article in PopSci that talked about repo agents that subscribe to a service. In a nutshell, they get reduced rates for supplying data that their camera captures while out on the road. Then, last week, I was talking to a guy who owns a recovery company. He was telling me that he submits over 350,000 plate captures a week to a data house. This data house compiles the data and if you are a subscriber, you can get data on just about any vehicle you want. Not that I am worried too much but in my book, that just ain't cool.

I have four NATA passes and they are on each of our vehicles. I don't use them all that much and maybe spend $10 a month on tolls. Plus, if you want to, in DFW, just ride the white line when going under the check point as all the toll roads around here have the sensors in the ground and you can split them just fine on a bike, And, I have never gotten a red light camera ticket as I don't run them.
Riding a bike is a risk we all take, so **** it, whats one more risk, throw it on the plate andon

Old 10-18-2014, 11:43 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruin08
Illegal here in Louisiana. I write tickets for them esp when people say, "Oh, I wasnt aware." I HATE and dont agree with camera speed or red light enforcement, but I dont like not being able to read your plate.
They write you for them in Arkansas too....you'd never realize it though as many as there are around...especially around the bigger cities and college towns. Any kind of cover, even clear, is illegal in Arkansas.......They spent a lot money making those 3M reflecterized plates, any kind of cover kills their reflective properties.

Last edited by mike5511; 10-18-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: License Plate Cover