Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modulator ? Headlight/Spotlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey thanks for all the comments on my questions. I can see where the spots pulsating would mimic vehicles of law enforcement, etc.

And yes those dang spots draw a lot of current. I really need to update them to something intensely bright and lower current drain and just have them on all the time.

And I did upgrade from the OEM 22 amp to the next step up 32 amp with a Cycle Electric stator and regulator. But those spots as is draw a HEAVY load on the system and even overload the circuit breaker while operating for long periods of time.

I can understand how the law list I discovered and posted is lengthy and quite possibly not appealing for some to read. But I just found out from it the rate the Federal government considers legal, and didn't realize it was from low beam to high beam intensity. I was considering a flashing unit from "off" to "on".

Appreciate both thoughts too on using the spots or the headlights. I'm convinced the spots need to be on all the time and will look into replace them as mentioned earlier. And if I do add a modulator I will consider only the headlights to be proper. Well of course brake lights too but I have a massive array for my brake lights already. Previous owner added them.