Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack Hides Plate From Toll Camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

So if you live in the Bay Area, you might be able to re-coup the cost of an Ultra vs a SG in just few years by not paying tolls on the Golden Gate

Old 10-22-2014, 05:41 AM
bmwbutch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-22-2014, 06:32 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Markallamerican
What is the toll on the Golden Gate Bridge?
There is no toll going northbound, only south.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:18 AM
ottomatics
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Road to Sturgis

On the 75th anniversary driving to Sturgis, I met my brother in Ohio to ride Milllenium force before continuing on. My brother and his friends being from New York, had EZ pass, so they blew through the tools and I was left digging into my pants, until I looked at where the cameras are and realized they couldn't see my plate.

The rest of the trip and all subsequent trips, are through the EZ pass line and I'll keep doing it until I get a ticket. PS works for red light camera's as well.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:48 AM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son in Texas went months with no tolls as his plate was hard to read. However, he eventually got a bill for arrears of $3,400 with all the penalties. We never figured out why all of a sudden. It took months to iron it out and eventually he "only" had to pay the toll charges. I guess it's a crap shoot but you could get a less cooperative agent and they might enforce some horrendous penalties. He now makes sure he pays whether they can read his plate or not.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ottomatics
.... until I looked at where the cameras are and realized they couldn't see my plate.

The rest of the trip and all subsequent trips, are through the EZ pass line and I'll keep doing it until I get a ticket. PS works for red light camera's as well.
By definition, that is called stealing. Stealing is a crime, therefore you are a criminal. Things like this is what gives all riders a bad rep, results in policy changes that then affect everyone. Just get a pass and be done with it.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
By definition, that is called stealing. Stealing is a crime, therefore you are a criminal. Things like this is what gives all riders a bad rep, results in policy changes that then affect everyone. Just get a pass and be done with it.
HOORAY! Virtue signaling and concern trolling! You win the craphead prize of the day!

Old 09-17-2016, 09:48 AM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
Yea and I suppose you obey all laws when you are in a motor vehicle, don't you?

Old 09-17-2016, 10:31 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

....... the tollways around Denver must have better cameras than allya'll, cuz i got a bill w/a photo after i blew thru w/the TP on while heading to DIA
.... pretty clear image, too

Old 09-17-2016, 10:45 AM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Here in NY, the toll cameras are low at toll plazas, but the toll plazas usually all have arms so you're not getting through anyways (at least here in metro NYC area). The high speed ones, as well as all red light and speed cameras are too high and the Tourpak obstructs the camera. Yahtzee!

Quick Reply: Tourpack Hides Plate From Toll Camera