Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Local dealers are not only discounting 14's but in addition are giving retail trade in pricing for used bikes.

Before putting a lot of effort into it, you might just stop into your local dealership and see what kind of deal you can hammer out.

At least that will give you a number to shoot for in case you then decide to try to sell your used bike yourself.

Be sure to take off any parts you would want to transfer over to your new bike before making the deal, or have an agreement that some items you might want to switch over like highway pegs etc.

The new Rushmore bikes are better bikes all around. Suspension is better, brakes are better, lights are brighter, motor is stronger, optional water cooling, better tires, larger tour pak...etc.

Last edited by Uncle Paul; 10-24-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:23 AM
Kinney Falcon
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traded my 2010 Ultra for a 2014 Ultra Limited, never looked back. My advice is to go and try one out.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I traded my 12 Limited with 13,800 miles for a 14 last October. Dealer gave me $17,700 for my trade which was exactly what Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/) said trade value was. They sold me my 14 for $2,000 below MSRP. You should be able to get an eve better deal on a leftover 14.

I went from an 08 Goldwing to a 12 Limited. My wife hated the 12. Said her back would start hurting after about 1.5 hours on the bike. But her biggest complaint was the heat on her legs. I had a decatted head pipe, removed my lowers, and had Wards FCS fans. On the highway running 70+ on 90 degree+ days she would drapped her legs over the outside of the saddlebags to get them away from the heat. She wanted me and I was considering going back to a Goldwing just to keep her happy. Then I recievd an email from Harley telling about the new Rushmores. I showed it to her and she said we could try one. We went to the Kansas City Harley Plant's Open house the first weekend September 2013 and took one on a 15 mile test ride. My wife loved how much more comfortable the seat and passenger backrest were. It wass 101 that day, she said she felt warmth on her legs but not the hot heat like my 12. I also liked the extra power over my stage 1 12, better handling, and reduced buffeting on my helmet. I say reduced because it was a lot less but still there at 60mph. The new saddle bags and tour pack were a lot easier to open. You can open and close the saddle bags without getting off the bike. She told me after the test ride I could buy one. It took me about a month to find a dealer to give me the deal I wanted. Have 10,600 miles on it now and we are both happy with it. The only change it needed was an 11" LRS Ultra windshield. Now I have no buffeting up to 80mph unless I have a strong head or side wind. My wife also said her head was getting whipped around a lot on the highway with the stock 10" windshield. Didn't have that issue with the stock 12" on the 12 Limited. The 11" LRS cured that problem for her.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:05 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a 2013 limited and looked hard at the 2014's when they came out. the features are nice but I had just gotten a stage one, a center mount gps, upgraded to LED headlights and a day-long seat that I can't give up. while nice, the adds weren't enough for me to take the plunge as I too love my ultra classic. its tempting for sure. I think the advice to rent one for a day might be the ticket.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:25 AM
rollingthunder
Banned
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm not aware of anyone who has regretted "upgrading" to a rushmore. lots of guys are glad they did. i am one of them. absolutely LOVE my ultra classic. have put 4500 miles on since july. that's not much for many guys on the forum who do that much in one trip, but that's about how many miles i put on my 08 RKC over the past 3 years.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I went from a 13 UC to a 15 CVO Limited. Best move I've made and I am glad that I did. Call around to different dealers. My dealer of choice happen to be running a special for trades where they offered full private retail. I got 20,500 for my 13 UC that had just over 32,000 miles on it and had a worn out tire and needed an inspection. That made all the difference in the world for my choice to upgrade to the CVO.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
Local dealers are not only discounting 14's but in addition are giving retail trade in pricing for used bikes.
Rawhide HD here in Kansas City was advertising "Full NADA Retail for your trade on a new 14 Harley" last year. I checked the NADA web site before going to the dealer. NADA Retail on my 12 Limited was $22,900, trade in value per KBB was $17,700. I went to the dealer and they tried telling me Retail was $13,999 and they wanted $2,000 over what the HD website said MSRP was on the 14 plus they were adding freight, Prep, and a documentation fee on top of that. I told them what the NADA web site showed as retail. They tried telling me I was wrong. I also told them I knew what the HD website showed as MSRP on the 14. They said that is just Harleys recommended MSRP they don't go by that, the local market sets there Retail price. So there best deal with all fees without tax was $30,599 for the 14 and 13,999 trade for my 12 Limited. I walked out and will never go back to that dealer. I ended up buying my Limited from a different dealer a couple weeks later for $26,400 freight & prep included and got $17,700 for my trade. Moral of the story is ,Do your homework before going to the dealer so you know what the retail and trade value are on your trade in and what the true MSRP is on the new bike. You can even go to www.seedealercost.com and find what the dealer cost is on the new bike. On a Limited there is about $5,100 difference between dealer cost and MSRP.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beefier front forks, upgraded cams, new wheels, cooler heads, ABS linked brakes, heated grips stock, vented fairing, better latching bags plus trunk liner stock, decent NAV/infotainment (some bugs but overall a good system), blue tooth, USB. What's not to like? My previous bike was not a touring frame so can't compare, but this is the best bike I've ever ridden bar none.

Last edited by Shep68; 10-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:16 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do it, you will NOT regret it. I don't miss my old bike AT ALL, well some, lol. I got a great deal on the trade and they took off 1500 on the new bike, with ESP and prepaid maint 1,5,10 service in the deal, I ended up paying LESS for the new bike than I paid for my old one. My 14 limited is faster, more comfortable, better stereo and flat hauls *** out of the box.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:22 PM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also went from a '11 Limited to the '14 Limited. My '11 had cams, exhaust and intake done on it. I thought it was pretty peppy. I absolutely love my '14 and I haven't done anything to it other than slip-on street cannons and some "safety" chrome. This is the smoothest most enjoyable motorcycle I have ever ridden and I've been riding since I was 17 and am now 59. You won't regret trading into the new "Rushmore" Harley.

Quick Reply: 2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?