Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:59 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

I was hesitant too thinking they can't be all that different. Boy was I wrong. I went from an '11 UC to a '15 Limited today. I was sold on the '15 after about 10 minutes. I don't know how, but the '15 rides like a smaller, lighter bike and the balance is much better.

Power on the '15 is as good, if not better, than my '11 was with a stage 1. The '15 has much less wind buffeting around the fairing. It also runs a bit cooler in traffic.

Many dealers in my area still have '14's left over and are dealing on them. I wanted the P.O.S.E., so my options were limited unless I wanted to go 2-4 hrs away for a '14.

Last edited by slapshot12; 10-26-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:44 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Supposedly there are incredible deals on 2014. My dealer practically begged me to sit down with him convinced that I would be happy with the trade amount on my 13. Problem is I do not want to take the hit in the wallet. Now if my bike was a 2010 and the trade was fair that might be something to consider. Let us know what they offer you.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:30 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm going to go to the dealer this week to see what they will offer for a trade in and a price for a 2014 limited. There's nothing that I hate more than buying or selling a new vehicle. I can't stand all the BS behind it, but. I know it's something I need to do. I still need to do some homework with the #'s before I go in. I may have a couple of questions here to help me be better prepared. Thanks for all of the great positive feedback. With all of the stellar reviews for the 2014/2015,limiteds, I'm beginning to wonder if you are all posing as HD Forum members, but in reality are all sales people at HD dealerships . .

Old 10-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

What's funny about this forum is there is never a single person who can't afford it. I'm starting to think I am an idiot for putting money into my 401k and IRA... I'm going to be the only sucker saving for their retirement. The only good thing is all this spending will boost up my retirement funds.. the downside is I will likely be paying a lot higher taxes for all the people who had to buy a new bike every 2 years..

Old 10-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson
What's funny about this forum is there is never a single person who can't afford it. I'm starting to think I am an idiot for putting money into my 401k and IRA... I'm going to be the only sucker saving for their retirement. The only good thing is all this spending will boost up my retirement funds.. the downside is I will likely be paying a lot higher taxes for all the people who had to buy a new bike every 2 years..
I'm with you Crimson. I refuse to take a multi thousand $ hit for a few nicer things on the Rushmores, and I did indeed test ride 2 different 2014 touring platforms and was impressed. In the meantime, I put a few thou towards my retirement instead. But, good on y'all who can trade up every three years and keep the Moco in business!

To the OP, trade yours in asap or wait until spring because no one in MA is lining up to buy a used touring motorcycle in late Oct.

Last edited by Nickatnyt; 10-26-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:27 PM
1roadking
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I wAs all set to trade up to a 14 limited. I had a deal worked out, color picked and was all in until I rode it. I have quite a few extras on my bike (LED lights, premium ride suspension front and rear, SE 255 cam, power duals with monster rounds, hi flow filter, dyno'd and alpine amp with type R speakers) and absolutely could not justify trading after the test ride. I must be in the minority LOL.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:41 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNBPT
Grappling a bit here. I'm consideration trading up my 2010 limited for a 2014 or 2015 limited. Wondering if the upgrade is worth it. I love my bike, but like some of the features on the newer ones. I'm not too keen on taking a bath on a trade-in, but because of the time of year, I'm wondering if I might be able to get a great deal on a left-over 2014. That could serve to soften the blow a bit. Salesperson said no differences(besides color options) between the 14's and 15's...this true?
I traded my 2010 Limited for a 14 Limited about 7 months ago. The major difference besides the obvious radio, paint, and the redesigned fairing and tourpak and saddlebags is it rides much better, smoother, handles curves better. The power is the next advantage as it is a lot of difference. The water cooling is the largest feature to me. Haven't leaked a drop and it actually will sit still in 95 degree weather and run 30 degrees cooler than it does above 45mph. You can sit at rail crossing or in stopped traffic and the highest the head temp I have seen is 235F It cruises at around 250F. I have never seen the water temp over 190 either. It can be running head temp of 250 on road and pull in to service station and it will be down to 220 by the time you stop. My air cooled never did that. I don't run the EITMS either, as it doesn't need it. I have Power Vision mounted and monitor the temps. It also gets average of 2 or 3 better MPG than the 10 did. It also sounds much better with the slight lope at idle. It will also hang with the CVO's on performance. Ride with a couple of them.
No major difference in the 14 and 15 other than a large icon for the cruise light I think. Colors and prices is the main difference.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:39 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

hey, no one answered the " is there a dif between '14 and '15's. From what I know other than color choice no dif.
I know there is no dif vs a SGS which is what I own.

My 2 cents, get the new bike ( but ride one first to see if you like the bike). Life is short.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by oakmossy
hey, no one answered the " is there a dif between '14 and '15's. From what I know other than color choice no dif.
I know there is no dif vs a SGS which is what I own.

My 2 cents, get the new bike ( but ride one first to see if you like the bike). Life is short.
So if you are on a pre-14 you can't even enjoy LIFE anymore? Someone should have told me that while I was riding my 1996 Road King up to last year.. I've wasted my life riding on an inferior bike!

Old 10-27-2014, 11:14 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I've been watching the market for over a year and used bikes (all brands) are not selling for blue book values. In fact the only bikes I see moving are at trade-in prices, especialy this time of year.

Beary

Quick Reply: 2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?