Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Rode to a local Harley dealership to buy a battery for my softail custom and struck up a conversation with a salesperson who I have dealt with before. This dealer did not previously have the 2014 Limited color(s) of interest, so everything ended there. Today, I ended up walking out of this dealership a proud new owner of a 2015 amber whiskey/vivid black limited. I'm happy with the deal I received and I am jacked to pick it up mid-late next week! Unfortunately, the season is just about over.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNBPT
Rode to a local Harley dealership to buy a battery for my softail custom and struck up a conversation with a salesperson who I have dealt with before. This dealer did not previously have the 2014 Limited color(s) of interest, so everything ended there. Today, I ended up walking out of this dealership a proud new owner of a 2015 amber whiskey/vivid black limited. I'm happy with the deal I received and I am jacked to pick it up mid-late next week! Unfortunately, the season is just about over.
Congrats on the new ride. Your going to love it.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:28 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Great color choice! You will love your new Limited.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:50 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

I was offered a "great deal" by a dealer for a 2015 limited(two-tone). I didn't think it was such a great deal. What do you think about these numbers?
Bike: $27149(full MSRP)
Freight: $435
Set-up: $919
Admin/Doc: $299

Total: $28, 802
Trade-in allowance(2010 limited): $17,003(obviously inflated)

Net amount to be financed: $11,800

I declined and said I might accept $1300 less...no response.

Is there offer a good, bad or mediocre deal??
The number one issue for new bike buyers IMHO and based on feedback from knowledgable folks at dealerships is the trade value. Harley has stepped up production. Dealers have plenty of inventory. The combination of new inventory levels and larger than normal used trade in inventory levels is driving down used prices. If you can buy a new Limited for $24,000 to $26,000, what does that make a used 5 year old bike worth? Especially when you consider their are so many used available.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:32 PM
95ci springer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Yesterday afternoon, My friend and I rode out to Buffalo, NY and stopped at one on Bailey. Friend wanted to see how much they would give him for his '09 mint shaped SG with 52k miles with the trade-in for '15 RG Special. Salesman looked at my friend and told him $8K. I laughed, told him to turn around and bend over where I'll kick my Size 13 up in you know where. Then in an instant, He offered me at first with $5K and a few minutes later...$10K for my '09 Ultra. IJMHO, Exactly not a good salesman right off the bat.

Told my friend...C'mon, Let's go and ride some more. There's probably a dealer elsewhere who'll give you a better deal than he did.

Thorey
I went to this dealer at their old location on Bailey when I was 21 and got laughed at when I told them I wanted to buy a Sportster 1200 Sport. The salesman didn't take me seriously so I left and went to American HD in North Tonawanda. Back then you had to order and wait for your bike and about 6 months later I was on my bike from American HD. I also purchased my Springer Softail from them and about a month ago I bought my 2015 Limited too. There were 2014's left he was willing to deal on but I wanted the blue one on the floor. Check them out if you can. Joe V. is a great guy to buy bikes from.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:31 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 95ci springer
I went to this dealer at their old location on Bailey when I was 21 and got laughed at when I told them I wanted to buy a Sportster 1200 Sport. The salesman didn't take me seriously so I left and went to American HD in North Tonawanda. Back then you had to order and wait for your bike and about 6 months later I was on my bike from American HD. I also purchased my Springer Softail from them and about a month ago I bought my 2015 Limited too. There were 2014's left he was willing to deal on but I wanted the blue one on the floor. Check them out if you can. Joe V. is a great guy to buy bikes from.
Sorry about getting off subject; reading your post reminded me of my younger days buying a Harley. It was cash on the spot. Financing, trade ins, not offered. My dealer had one bagger, nobody wanted a bike with a fairing, old time real bikers sat at the parts counter smoking, you could walk into the service area and take to the tech, beer was always cold and available. My dealer celebrated my new bike purchase by having a beer with me on the showroom floor before I rode away.......boy have times changed. ..some for the better, some not.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:04 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Question on the 2015 limited: I previously had my ipone 5 mounted to my mirror(RAM mount). I ran a cable from my phone to a USB plug in my cigarette lighter and another cable from my phone to the accessory port on my stereo. I could stream tunes while charging the phone. With the 2015 limited, can I do the same thing? I didn't look to see if the 2015 has a 12 volt port on the faring and if there is an accessory port anywhere. I ask this because I'm sure my soon to arrive iphone 6 plus will not fit in the infotainment box. Besides, I prefer to have my phone mounted in front of me, so I am able to choose tunes on the fly.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:22 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Question on the 2015 limited: I previously had my ipone 5 mounted to my mirror(RAM mount). I ran a cable from my phone to a USB plug in my cigarette lighter and another cable from my phone to the accessory port on my stereo. I could stream tunes while charging the phone. With the 2015 limited, can I do the same thing? I didn't look to see if the 2015 has a 12 volt port on the faring and if there is an accessory port anywhere. I ask this because I'm sure my soon to arrive iphone 6 plus will not fit in the infotainment box. Besides, I prefer to have my phone mounted in front of me, so I am able to choose tunes on the fly.
It does have a lighter port on the right not left fairing. You will have to use the Blue Tooth to get your music into the Infotainment ctr as no accessory I am aware of. Since you are using the usb port on phone for charging you can't use the usb in the compartment. Someone said the larger phones will fit in the compartment if you pull the foam out. I don't think that is too good of an idea. Congrats on the 15 Limited you are going to like it. It will get better and better as it breaks in. Next summer you will really like the cooling of the Twin Cooled. It will run cooler in town or stopped than it does going down the road at 60. Incidentally I haven't lost one drop of water.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I leave my phone in the tour pack with the charger plugged into the 12V outlet and stream the music to the infotainment system via Bluetooth on all day rides. For shorter rides I just leave the phone in the case on my belt and stream it. The battery last several hours without charging. It's the display that drains the battery.

You can use the left joy stick to select your tunes while riding. The name of the song, artist and album all appear on the infotainment screen. You can easily switch between audio sources like going from FM to media on your phone without taking your hands off the grips. you don't even have to start the media player on your phone in advance. The infotainment system will launch it for you. If you want to stream music from Pandora or spotify you have to launch those app's via your phone.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 11-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:46 AM
95ci springer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
I leave my phone in the tour pack with the charger plugged into the 12V outlet and stream the music to the infotainment system via Bluetooth on all day rides. For shorter rides I just leave the phone in the case on my belt and stream it. The battery last several hours without charging. It's the display that drains the battery.

You can use the left joy stick to select your tunes while riding. The name of the song, artist and album all appear on the infotainment screen. You can easily switch between audio sources like going from FM to media on your phone without taking your hands off the grips. you don't even have to start the media player on your phone in advance. The infotainment system will launch it for you. If you want to stream music from Pandora or spotify you have to launch those app's via your phone.
I'm having random problems playing songs from my iPhone 5s through Bluetooth. Sometimes I have to pull the phone from my pocket and start the music to play by starting it on my phone. I thought pandora can only be played when plugged into the system?

Quick Reply: 2010 Limited to 2014/2015 Limited?