Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Mel A
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Backrest

Anyone buy one of these on Ebay? And if so does it include mounting hardware? I have a 2004 Road King Custom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...4a2337&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Mel A; 10-25-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:26 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Did you bother to watch the video in the listing. It shows you everything you need to know. Looks generic to me and doesn't even seem to click or lock into place. Get a Harley one or there is a different one listed on ebay somewhere and it's about $100

Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

+ DresserDude.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Mel A
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DresserDude
Did you bother to watch the video in the listing. It shows you everything you need to know. Looks generic to me and doesn't even seem to click or lock into place. Get a Harley one or there is a different one listed on ebay somewhere and it's about $100

OOPS! Missed the video. Thanks. Doesn't look too secure.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grasshopper is a good company and easy to deal with. They provide basic back rests for all types of bikes at a fairly cheap price; around 100 bucks generally. They adjust up and down but not back and forth. The bracket mounts to the under side of the passenger pillion using hardware already under the seat. Can't remember if it came w/ longer screws to account for added thickness or if I bought them myself...been a few years since I had one. The backrest itself slides into the slot at the top of the bracket. No clicking or locking mechanism but not needed. It stays on just fine and once you lean against it applying pressure it stays in place. Only concern you would have is somebody could theoretically walk away w/ the backrest portion, but that's probly pretty remote. Never happened to me. If you're looking for a basic, cheap backrest it will fit the bill. Nice people to deal with too. Lots of satisfied Grasshopper customers on this and other bike forums.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:09 PM
jester0618
Road Captain

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

I've one as well too. Great product, company support as well. Better built backrests used to work for grasshopper and took the design so two choices out there.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Puttnik
Cruiser
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Shep68
Grasshopper is a good company and easy to deal with. They provide basic back rests for all types of bikes at a fairly cheap price; around 100 bucks generally. They adjust up and down but not back and forth. The bracket mounts to the under side of the passenger pillion using hardware already under the seat. Can't remember if it came w/ longer screws to account for added thickness or if I bought them myself...been a few years since I had one. The backrest itself slides into the slot at the top of the bracket. No clicking or locking mechanism but not needed. It stays on just fine and once you lean against it applying pressure it stays in place. Only concern you would have is somebody could theoretically walk away w/ the backrest portion, but that's probly pretty remote. Never happened to me. If you're looking for a basic, cheap backrest it will fit the bill. Nice people to deal with too. Lots of satisfied Grasshopper customers on this and other bike forums.
^^^^^ what he said. Had one on a '10 Heritage and was maybe more comfortable than the HD adustable on my '14 SGS. Has a little spring/give to it...not rigid like the HD.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:08 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Scroll down the ebay listing to read:

This is the complete backrest and mounting bracket nothing else to buy!

Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Scaffido
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one this summer and love it. Well built and very sturdy. It does not lock in place but it stays put. Super fast and easy.
Only drawback is my wife complains there isn't enough room for her when it's the 2 of us. She's only 120lbs but she claims it's to crowded.

I love it.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

For those that have one, will the backrest fit in a saddlebag?

Quick Reply: Driver Backrest