Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing + HD Connecting Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:17 AM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gerbing + HD Connecting Harness

Will the HD Connecting Harness 98536-04V <http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/connecting-harness> work with Gerbing heated gear?

A side question - who actually makes the HD heated gear. In the past it was not Gerbing. Has that changed? The controllers look familiar.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Lost Again
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife bought some Gerbing gear at a local show a couple years ago. The President of the company was there and told us that they were now making the Harley gear.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM
kkinderen
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lost Again
My wife bought some Gerbing gear at a local show a couple years ago. The President of the company was there and told us that they were now making the Harley gear.
This is good to hear.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

I thought that Gerbings always made HD heated gear? Regardless, if Gerbing knows that you hooked their stuff up to any other brand of connector or controller, they'll void any warranty you have.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:27 PM
kkinderen
Road Master

My gear is way out of warranty but I can't imagine Gerbing caring about the cable it is plugged into. Didn't Harley use gear from a company that started with a "W" in the past? Back in 2002/2003 I was moving from BMW (and Gerbing) to HD. I couldn't use the HD-sold adapters because HD was using a different manufacturer for their heated gear.

Things seem to have changed in recent years and HD seems to be rebranding Gerbing now.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,492 Likes on 1,243 Posts

My leads on my Harley jacket liner were frayed couple of years ago and I got connectors from Gerbing and spliced them in. All interchangeable from what I could tell.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:59 PM
circlenine
Tourer

Identical. My wife wears the Gerbing jacket liner and uses the HD Dual controller. Just picked her up a pair of pants from Cycle Gear (Sedici?) that supposedly work seamlessly with the Gerbing as well.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Shep68
Road Master

Most of these major heated clothing companies are using the same connectors and plugs. All interchangeable w/ one another. There will usually even be a disclaimer somewhere on the website indicating as much. I have a mish mash of Gerbings and HD branded gear and it all works seamlessly together.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

As I mentioned in another thread, I was told by two of my local dealers here that Gerbings and HD have parted ways in terms of Gerbings making the HD stuff. Still don't know if its actually true or not.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:53 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by kkinderen
My gear is way out of warranty but I can't imagine Gerbing caring about the cable it is plugged into. Didn't Harley use gear from a company that started with a "W" in the past? Back in 2002/2003 I was moving from BMW (and Gerbing) to HD. I couldn't use the HD-sold adapters because HD was using a different manufacturer for their heated gear.

Things seem to have changed in recent years and HD seems to be rebranding Gerbing now.
"W" for Widder went belly up about 5 years ago.

Quick Reply: Gerbing + HD Connecting Harness