Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side by side with dad

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Side by side with dad

My dad has been working a lot and does not get a chance to get on the bike as much as he would like. So one Sunday I decided to go over and ask him if he would go for a quick ride with me, after hearing how Sundays are his only day off and he needed to cut the grass and wash the cars ect,ect,ect I finally talked him in to it, telling him we would not be gone long. What he did not know was I already had it set up for the grass to be cut with my nephew. On the road we go, after our first stop I had another excuse to go somewhere else when we were leaving, 4 more excuses and 6 hours later we were back home. Grass cut my dad smiling and me having some good time riding side by side with my dad. Just thought I would share, as we get older sometimes we need to do what we can to spend the extra minutes with our parents / loved ones / or friends.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 PM
shredder22
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good for you, that's awesome. It's just the opposite for me, my son works alot and has a new baby so it's difficult for him. I sure do envy the two of you, enjoy...

Old 10-29-2014, 07:49 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

OUT.

Stinkin.

Standing!

Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Very cool! I'm sure that meant alot to your Dad. I have 3 grown sons but none of them ride.....yet.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:15 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TcHunter
My dad has been working a lot and does not get a chance to get on the bike as much as he would like. So one Sunday I decided to go over and ask him if he would go for a quick ride with me, after hearing how Sundays are his only day off and he needed to cut the grass and wash the cars ect,ect,ect I finally talked him in to it, telling him we would not be gone long. What he did not know was I already had it set up for the grass to be cut with my nephew. On the road we go, after our first stop I had another excuse to go somewhere else when we were leaving, 4 more excuses and 6 hours later we were back home. Grass cut my dad smiling and me having some good time riding side by side with my dad. Just thought I would share, as we get older sometimes we need to do what we can to spend the extra minutes with our parents / loved ones / or friends.

Life is good...

Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Seen my Dad on a motorcycle once in 1969 when I was 15 my brand new cb 175 honda. He got the clutch out and proceeded to try and climb the porch step,didn't end well. That was the end of his riding. He loves going for a ride with me on the Ultra and doesn't mind riding bitch. Love dad to death and see him smile at 85 after a ride with me his son is priceless.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Great stories, thanks for sharing...

Trucky911

Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

My Dad doesn't ride but I bought my youngest son a bike so that we could do like you and your Dad. I cherish every moment we get to ride together. Good on you for making things happen. That's one you'll both remember.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 PM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is great. I hope one day that I can ride with my sons.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:35 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by TcHunter

Good on you, and good for both you and your father! Those memories will last a life time!!!!

I wish my father was able to ride with me. The closest I got, was having him sit on one of my old bikes!

You always have to look after your beans.

YB

Quick Reply: Side by side with dad