Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sort of turning my EGC into a Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Good on ya for making changes to suit you. Looks fine but I never understood the idea of turning one stock tourer (electraglide) into a different stock tourer (streetglide)?? Why can't folks just change their bikes into what they like??
Some of us can't afford the bike we want,so we have to get a 15 year old EGC and strip it down,however I do agree its kinda silly to buy a new bike and try to transform into another model that's already on the showroom floor.I would love a newer SG,but I love not spending that extra 10-15-20 grand even more...

Pic of the carport this poor thing was abandoned in-

A couple hundreds bucks and a bit of effort later, but far from done...-

Last edited by tfi racing; 10-31-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:27 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I only have 5 bikes...stripping stuff off the EGC makes sense to me.

I don't use a tourpak in-town or in-State.
I don't encourage passengers...got enough voices in my head to keep me company.

Mike

Old 10-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,106 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Good on ya for making changes to suit you. Looks fine but I never understood the idea of turning one stock tourer (electraglide) into a different stock tourer (streetglide)?? Why can't folks just change their bikes into what they like??
I have a 14 limited, and I do change my bike into what I want. When I want a full dressed ultra, I leave it as I bought it. When I want to ride a bagger without a tour pac and tall windshield and fat seat I detach it, swap the shield and seat. "I change it into what I like."

Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not turning it into a SG, I said sort of, The changes I like and made are making it sort of like a Street Glide. I still like my front fender better than a SG and I would not have a bike without passing lights or I would have bought a Street Glide. Don't you ever want to change things up a bit instead of buying a new bike?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 PM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

NICE!!!! Gotta have options right?

Did sort of the same thing to my '05 years ago. Detachable tour pak, Road Glide seat, removed saddle bag guards and front fender bumper.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:18 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks great mine started out as '09 EGC.......that's the beauty & fun of these bikes is making them your own.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

looks good. some of my buddies did the same thing before the SG was even a thought in Harleys head.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

OP, lose the front bumper

Old 10-31-2014, 05:54 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metamorphosis Street Glide to Ultra (but only sometimes)

Here in the UK neither the Ultra or the Limited have truly detachable Tour Paks, essentially because the turn signals that HD brought out (that are stuck to the rear of the saddlebags) are not available in amber (required by law in the UK). As I want saddlebag rails too, with slotted chrome filler strips, Custom Dynamics turn signals won' fit either.
Hence I have a Street Glide with a detachable Tour Pak and all the bells and whistles that the Utra has and more (CB radio, heated grips).
I have just purchased the Ultra front and back fenders and turn signal LED inserts from CD. This retains the LED turn signals that I had on the SG. In the UK the brake and turn signal lights come in an interated package.

Last edited by nuages; 10-31-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:35 AM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

2002 egs Sort of turning my EGC into a Streetglide-img_20141001_152133_871-1-.jpg

Quick Reply: Sort of turning my EGC into a Streetglide