Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hats off to Khrome Works

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hats off to Khrome Works

Early Summer this year, I had purchased a set of S&S Power Tune Duals online for my 07 Ultra. A couple of other projects took priority and I did not get to installing until late Sept of this year.

When starting the installation of the pipes. I had noticed that I was missing the brackets and 4 bolts to mount the crossover pipe to the bottom of the transmission. To be honest I did not know if they were missing from the package originally or I had misplaced them. Without concrete proof that they were not included and with the lapse in time, I assumed the error was on my part.

Searched the internet for a parts list, nothing. Called S&S and was informed they did not stock such minor parts and gave me Rob's number as a resource to get the missing parts.

Called Rob and left a voice-mail, to which he promptly called me back. Rob explained to me that he was from Khrome Werks and that Khrome Werks and S&S developed the pipes in conjunction and Khrome Werks actually manufactures the kit.

I explained my predicament to Rob about the parts I needed. He said he would ship them out at no charge. I reiterated that I was not 100% sure that they were not included in the package and would surely pay for the part and shipping. "Never mind" Rob said, "I will take care of it."

Rob then asked me some questions about the actual head-pipe that I had received originally. Turns out that they have a newer version out and he wanted to ship that to me as well, free of charge.

Two days later I received a huge box, containing the new head pipe a slew of extra hose clamps, nuts, bolts and the original brackets and bolts that I was missing.

To this day I am still flabbergasted at that level of customer support. By my own accord I wanted to pay for the parts I was missing. Khrome Werks sent them to me free of charge. The fact that Rob sent me the new improved head pipe on their dime, is beyond any customer service I have ever seen.

I did get the pipes installed and the sound is awesome. Even more awesome is the power. Definitely an increase in low-end torque and the 8 HP increase they claim is easily felt in the pants even before the PV re-tuned the bike.

I have no connection to Khrome Werks. Just a customer that is flabbergasted at their outstanding customer support and loyalty. I can only hope that such a company would be rewarded with each of us giving them a second look when looking for parts. I know I will.

Last edited by ThisIsMe; 11-04-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Your experience with Kromewerks was the polar opposite of mine. I've purchased several of their products over the years and was pretty happy with them. This past June I called and spoke to Jim about my concern regarding using the 4" HP-Plus Performance mufflers on my 120".

At the time they were in the process of coming out with a performance baffle intended for the bigger motors. He told me if I bought the mufflers all I had to do is call when the baffles were ready and he would send a set out no charge, so I bought them. Well after a phone call and several emails (2 answered, 2 unanswered) I still haven't got them and don't expect I will. I sent another email letting them know how disappointed I was with the way things went down, no apology, no answer at all. They have a few things to learn about customer service in my opinion.

These will go to ebay and be replaced with the Kury Crushers I should have bought in the first place. This is last purchase of Khromewerks products for me.

Rick

Last edited by Egldr05; 11-04-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-30-2014, 09:01 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Good to hear about great customer service. That's something that's getting very hard to find anymore. My wife and I both have Khrome Werks mufflers and we're both happy with them.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:10 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

That helps reinforce my decision to go with Khrome Werks pipes in the spring.

What mufflers are you using? I'm looking for a quiet(ish) touring muffler with a low mellow sound

Old 11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
ThisIsMe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LazySundays
What mufflers are you using? I'm looking for a quiet(ish) touring muffler with a low mellow sound
I have the Rush mufflers. Good thing is, I might change out the baffles in them to reduce the noise a little. Not sure yet but the Rush baffles are cheap enough.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:16 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Egldr05
Your experience was the polar opposite of mine. I've purchased several of their products over the years and was pretty happy with them. This past June I called and spoke to Jim about my concern regarding using the 4" HP-Plus Performance mufflers on my 120".

At the time they were in the process of coming out with a performance baffle intended for the bigger motors. He told me if I bought the mufflers all I had to do is call when the baffles were ready and he would send a set out no charge, so I bought them. Well after a phone call and several emails (2 answered, 2 unanswered) I still haven't got them and don't expect I will. I sent another email letting them know how disappointed I was with the way things went down, no apology, no answer at all. They have a few things to learn about customer service in my opinion.

These will go to ebay and be replaced with the Kury Crushers I should have bought in the first place. This is last purchase of Khromewerks products for me.

Rick
So who exactly are you referring to Krome Werks or S&S? Either way, it appears your initial decision back when was to go with Kuryakyn and you chose to go the other way and aren't happy you made that decision.

Krome Werks does not sell to the general public and my experience with S&S has been nothing short of stellar for years as is the case with many other builders (I'm not a builder).

Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
So who exactly are you referring to Krome Werks or S&S? Either way, it appears your initial decision back when was to go with Kuryakyn and you chose to go the other way and aren't happy you made that decision.

Krome Werks does not sell to the general public and my experience with S&S has been nothing short of stellar for years as is the case with many other builders (I'm not a builder).
I was referring to Kromewerks. I thought that was clear as I was writing about their 4" HP-Plus Performance mufflers. Post has been edited for clarification. I realize they do not generally sell retail and the mufflers were purchased through one of their dealers. They do however sell these baffles directly.

The decision to go with Khromewerks was based on previous experience with their products (which by the way I had always been happy with) and the promise of the performance baffles when they came out. I was just disappointed with the way it went down.

Rick

Old 11-04-2014, 07:24 PM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

I think you might be the only person who hasn't had the pleasure of calling S&S and speaking to one of there back room technical support flunkies yet.

I called them 3 months ago about a problem with a piston. the wrist pin location was off .038. the first guy I talked to asked me what a wrist pin was. you see where this is going. long story short after arguing for 45 min. with four different people. I still had to pay for a new piston and pay to ship the bad one back for a refund. and guess what still no refund.
the guys I spoke with were just a step away from retarded all they could do was read from a script.