Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto E-Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Dobe66
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fuel Moto E-Series - Anyone using these?

Pretty much decided on finding some used Fatshots but the E-Series is tempting. Anyone have experience with these yet?

Last edited by Dobe66; 11-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

FM will be your best source for info, they have posted a couple of times saying that they have made changes to the White Brothers design for the E series.
So anyone with experience with the old ones, that may not transfer to this newer version

I'd like to see an apples/apples comparo to the supertrapps.

I use the S/T's on a few of my bikes- the 09 ( no cat) has some Fatshots ( $225 used) on it. they meet expectations. I like the flexibility.
Of course the disk stack counts are altered and i use closed end caps most of the time

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 11-12-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Now are running some promotions starting this week on the E-Series mufflers, from our Facebook news feeds:

Fuel Moto E-Series Power Package's are now available for FLH-Touring models starting at $798 which includes exhaust, air cleaner, and pre-programmed tuner, here are a few examples:
E-Series mufflers/FM Micro EFI Tuner/FM Pro Billet air cleaner=$798 Free Shipping
E-Series mufflers/Dynojet Power Vision tuner/FM Pro Billet air cleaner=$1039 Free Shipping!
E-Series mufflers/FM-Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe/Dynojet Power Vision/FM Pro Billet air cleaner=$1499 Free Shipping!
Contact us at 920-423-3309 for package pricing or additional info. Many other packages available!
www.fuelmotousa.com
www.eseriesexhaust.com

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

Running the E series now. Switched from the Jackpot 4" Dyno tuned and love the quiet ride while cruising. Still has a nice rumble on take off. Jamie was able to squeeze some power from them as well.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Englishman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Of course the disk stack counts are altered and i use closed end caps most of the time

Mike

Being a technically challenged chap how does this work then if the ends are blocked?

Old 11-12-2014, 03:22 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Englishman
Being a technically challenged chap how does this work then if the ends are blocked?
speaking of Supertrapp:

the edge of the disk is 'W' shaped in profile- when they are stacked, the gasses escape through the gaps between the disks.

the more disks in a stack, the more area for the gasses to move, less restriction.

each of the 4 straight bits that make up the 'W' is a slightly different length, this breaks up high frequency sound waves
( there is a 2" perforated baffle core wrapped with packing which absorbs the lower frequencies)

so high(er) flow at lower noise levels than a conventional muffler with chambers, baffles etc.

by having control over how much gas can move and how quickly, the exhaust can be tuned to emphasize torque over horsepower, or vice versa.

for instance my current nominal disk count is 15/9 ( rt/lft)...that works well for canyons, twisties and city riding- torque.
when I go on an extended trip like Sturgis where I will be running 95% of the day above 3000 rpms and only stopping for fuel...I add 2 or 3 disks each side to emphasize horsepower.

an owner may choose an open end cap instead of closed- this will allow more noise.
A 1.5" open end cap is equivalent to about 10 disks stacked in terms of flow. ( the S/T "Closed Course Competition")
a 1.4" is about 9 disks ( supplied with Screaming Eagle Fatshots)

the Fatshots come stock with an open end cap and 10 disks stacked- these are compliant for noise emissions for 2010+ bikes with stock headers, the catalytic convertor acts to dampen noise.

Similar to the S/T Supermegs which design goes back to the 70's and is de riguer on the H-D XR750 dirt track racers.
I also run Supermegs, both 2/1/2 and 2/1 types on Harleys

S/T's are also used on lots of motos ( USFS spark suppression approved) and some "tuner" cars

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 11-12-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:08 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Englishman
Fuel Moto can explain it better than I can.

http://www.eseriesexhaust.com/why-e-series/

Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,537 Likes on 3,054 Posts

Excellent pipe, Best I've owned since running HD's IMO.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:10 PM
shineola
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up

Killer 2-1 pipes been running them for years...... Hope they are as good as the orig white bros pipes, if they are ....they will be big sellers, tune able yet not obnoxiously loud.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:08 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowby
Running the E series now. Switched from the Jackpot 4" Dyno tuned and love the quiet ride while cruising. Still has a nice rumble on take off. Jamie was able to squeeze some power from them as well.

How quiet is quiet? I'm still looking for something nice and deep at idle and on accel that mellows right out for long days of touring. I had decided to get Khrome Werks HP-Plus for my 03 Ultra in the spring but these look really cool.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto E-Series