Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Utra Classic or ultra Limted?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 06:58 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

My top reason for buying a new Limited was the wet head. To me, it just makes sense to apply liquid cooling around the hottest part of the engine; the exhaust valve. The engines are identical outside of the heads. It's a simple cooling system that gets the job done.

Both are great bikes, just my humble opinion.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the glove boxes on the Ultra.

That said, the boxes on the 14-15 are a bit flimsy. I love my 2012 Limited...for now.

Last edited by Hausguy; 11-08-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:34 AM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

id get the ultra classic. dont wanna deal with pseudo water cooling and its problems. KISS. keep it simple stupid. little return for to many parts.

Last edited by mikeo33y; 11-09-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:16 AM
kuanyu
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CB

Originally Posted by RickDM
Beware of the Ultra Classic with 6.5 Boombox option if you are thinking you will also get CB radio. You won't without spending several hundred dollars more. Definitely get the Limited if you like all the other stuff and you want the Harley CB.

Not sure I need a CB but this will be my first touring bike and I plan to ride a few 4 day weekend trips so a CB might be useful. The general opinion seems to be limited and I think I agree. Thanks to everyone was surprised that Harley doesn't publish a actual listing of this stuff.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:06 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kuanyu
Santa (me) decided I've been damn good!
I will be getting ABS and 6.5 screen but no real need for heated grips in south Florida and not sure on water cooled.
I don't have a list of the differences but....You've been DAMN GOOD! Get the limited. You're not going to stay in south FL with a brandy new touring bike, those grips come in handier than you might think! I wouldn't hesitate to get the water buffalo. Space coast HD is blowing them out right now and they had at least a dozen limited's last time i was there. (just don't let them work on it.)

Happy Motoring!

Old 11-09-2014, 07:07 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

I looked at them both, but the choice was easy since I wanted the POSE black/blue paint and my local dealer had the '15 on the floor. I'm glad I went with the Limited. I agree with BoonDock, if you tour with the bike, you won't always be in S. Florida. I've taken 2 week long roads trips with my prior '11 UC. On both trips, I wished I had heated grips. So don't automatically dismiss them. When you add things, it adds up over time. The tour pack luggage rack is a must for long road trips. I don't use the CB on either bike. I do like the cooler ride with the wet heads, but, I do miss the little glove boxes on the lowers.

Personally, I'd rather have an option and not use it than wish I had it, or have to pay more to add it later.

Either way, the Rushmore bikes are a huge improvement over the previous edition. I don't regret my trade one bit.

I agree, the HD website leaves a lot to be desired when bike shopping.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM
kuanyu
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Done!

Hello,
We'll after a few hours I rode my new amber whiskey limited home from Orlando in the rain. My first touring and was a bit nervous about the weight but my god this thing is amazing! The ride is so nice but I may need to go back to school just to figure out the infotainment controls. Dealer was great only issue I had was they didn't have a service manual or lighted hand controls in stock. They even loaned me a helmet to ride home.
Thanks to all for the info

Old 11-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

So far I sure like the Limited we bought this fall. My other bike is a 2002 with the 88" engine. The heat off that bike makes riding uncomfortable. The 103" on the Limited is an absolute pleasure; both with its heat management upgrades and power on the throttle.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:31 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

congrats on the new sled. Wear it out.
Pics if possible would be nice.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:48 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

If there aren't pics, it didn't happen.

Congrats. Sounds like you are happy with your decision.

Quick Reply: Utra Classic or ultra Limted?