Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields 60% off code

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Still waiting on mine. Hope it is as good as the Clearview it is replacing. Great price regardless!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Still waiting on mine. Hope it is as good as the Clearview it is replacing. Great price regardless!
I ordered mine around 8:00 pm on the 11th. Got a confirmation email within minutes, received an email on the 17th dating it had shipped with the tracking number. When I check the tracking number on the USPS website it shows it will be delivered today.

Only issue I've had and read about with LRS is that there acrylic shields tend to crack around the screw holes. I discovered mine was cracked when I took it off to clean behind the windshield bag. I did a search and found a thread with others having the same issue. LRS says it's probably caused by the mounting screws being over tightened.
The Elite series doesn't seem to have that issue. That's why I ordered the Ultra Elite this time. It's made from polycarbonate and has a glass hard coating to resist scratching.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 11-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
I ordered mine around 8:00 pm on the 11th. Got a confirmation email within minutes, received an email on the 17th dating it had shipped with the tracking number. When I check the tracking number on the USPS website it shows it will be delivered today.

Only issue I've had and read about with LRS is that there acrylic shields tend to crack around the screw holes. I discovered mine was cracked when I took it off to clean behind the windshield bag. I did a search and found a thread with others having the same issue. LRS says it's probably caused by the mounting screws being over tightened.
The Elite series doesn't seem to have that issue. That's why I ordered the Ultra Elite this time. It's made from polycarbonate and has a glass hard coating to resist scratching.
Not sure what the deal is with mine. It still shows "label created" as my status. I ordered on the 11th and got the email Monday saying it shipped...Crazy thing is that this exact same thing happened the last time I ordered from LRS. I have terrible luck...I did order the RK Elite series this time. Hope it holds up well. I have heard good things...

Old 11-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Just talked to James. They created a lot of labels at the same time but didn't get to ship everything out. They are overwhelmed right now with the amount of orders they got at the discounted price. Hope to get it shortly...

Old 11-20-2014, 01:16 PM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still waiting on mine also.
Trying to be patient, guess I cant ride anyway damn snow and **** on the road and its 29 today,
hoping spring comes soon!!!!!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, would anyone have a photo of a 9" flattop in dark tint installed?
This is a great deal at 60% off and Im choosing between a 8" and 9".
thanks!

Old 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM
William Cheney
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRS discount works

I ordered the Ultra Elite series today and the coupon code worked. The windshield cost $50 +$19.95 ship. Unbelievable price for a poly carbonate windshield.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:35 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Ordered me another one today. Went with the Ultra Elite this time. Also bought my son a 6" Ultra as well. $113 shipped. Excellent shields at an absurdly good price. Thanks LRS!!!!!
Even the wife couldn't argue about this price.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 11-23-2014, 01:02 AM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I received mine yesterday and I think its the wrong one
the holes are not even close to lining up
the mounting holes on my stock shield are 10 1/4" center to center
the holes on the LRS are 9 1/2" center to center, guess I'll have to make a phone call Monday.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rpking
I received mine yesterday and I think its the wrong one
the holes are not even close to lining up
the mounting holes on my stock shield are 10 1/4" center to center
the holes on the LRS are 9 1/2" center to center, guess I'll have to make a phone call Monday.
It's possible they sent the wrong one. Are you sure you ordered the correct one? They are listed as 2014 Ultra or Ultra Elite for the 14 & 15 and just Ultra or Ultra Elite for the 13 and older. Even if you ordered the wrong one, LRS will exchange it for you as long as you haven't removed the protective wrap.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields 60% off code