Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos gotten their street glide in their house???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:47 AM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Whos gotten their street glide in their house???

Well I used to put my deuce inside every winter, and just assumed my '14 SGS wouldn't fit through the 32"man door on the side entrance I used. I've got a 36" front door, but that's still substantially smaller than the width of the fairing and bars. Has anyone actually fit their SG through a 36" man door before, maybe with a buddy's help and some fancy wheel maneuvering? I figured removing the crash bar and bags would be a given, and probably the outer fairing just in case it scrapes a bit. Figured id ask before I bothered trying and going through the hassle.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:11 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,388 Likes on 21,384 Posts

IT IS definitely winter.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:47 PM
sixshooter
Road Master

Originally Posted by lionsm13
IT IS definitely winter.
They already salted the roads and were supposed to get 1-2 feet of lake effect in the next few days. Bring it!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2014, 01:50 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I put mine in the house for the winter, but I have a walkout basement with garden doors.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:51 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,388 Likes on 21,384 Posts

We got hit so hard that we have had 2 snowstorms already(barely the middle of november) in 1 week with temps below 0 or close to it every day since last monday. ( I rode my glide last saturday).
(Probably be the last for quite a while too.)
It feels like it just keeps kicking your *** even though it has already won.
This is the worst I have ever seen for this early in the year.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:54 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i got mine through a 36 inch door ,i took crash bar off and saddlebags,i live in a trailer so had to go up on deck, then in, probably good idea to take outer fairing off,

Attached Thumbnails Whos gotten their street glide in their house???-img_0364.jpg  

Last edited by bobbyjoes; 11-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:02 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

I will have tons of leaves to mulch up in another week or two.
Bike stays in the garage.
Not likely to get so many leaves that the bike moves up into the house.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:03 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just keep mine in the garage. It's a balmy 65° out there.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Is there any particular reason for putting your bike in the house...?? Instead of trying to cram or thread the bike through a narrow door and possibly bringing a hazard into your home...why not store elsewhere (e.g. friend's garage, HD, storage unit, etc.)? It's your bike, house, choice, but storing any motor vehicle in a house seems wrong and unsafe...that's why we have garages and storage areas...

Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM
sixshooter
Road Master

Originally Posted by bobbyjoes
i got mine through a 36 inch door ,i took crash bar off and saddlebags,i live in a trailer so had to go up on deck, then in, probably good idea to take outer fairing off,
Did it take a lot of finagling to get it through? I've got to go up a few steps, I'm contemplating building a platform so at least the bike is level with the door jamb when I try it.

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Is there any particular reason for putting your bike in the house...?? Instead of trying to cram or thread the bike through a narrow door and possibly bringing a hazard into your home...why not store elsewhere (e.g. friend's garage, HD, storage unit, etc.)? It's your bike, house, choice, but storing any motor vehicle in a house seems wrong and unsafe...that's why we have garages and storage areas...
Because I have a lot of work to do on my bike this winter, and my garage is not heated. I'm surely not doing bags, fender, apes, lines, inner fairing, engine cases, fork lowers, cams and more in my below freezing barn. In my house I have a separate room with a workbench and tools in and I can pick away at the mods all winter as I go. The nearest heated barn I could keep it in is about a 25 minute drive away. And the fuel tank is drained and removed from the house after its inside. I can't do Harley storage because the bike is going to an engine builder for a few weeks for a dyno tune, and if I'm not mistaken, the dealers are all "bring it, you gotta leave it until X date" so they don't have to deal with in and out traffic once they're full.

Quick Reply: Whos gotten their street glide in their house???