Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing lamp bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:00 AM
G9803
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passing lamp bracket?

Hey guys,

I purchased a Trucklite Phase 7 LED head and passing lights off of another forum member. Expecting delivery today, however I had a question. Looking at my current setup, then turn signals mount on the forks, where as all the pics I see with passing lamps, the signals and lamps mount on some sort of bracket.

Do the lamps come with the bracket, or is this something I have to purchase separately?

Also, can I use my stock turn signals? I assume there's a passing lamp on the left and right side, then the turn signals sit below them?

And final question, do the passing lamps and high beams work at the same time, or do my highs disable the passing lamps? I thought I saw a way to override this feature. Thanks for any/all help!

Old 11-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

First off, what model bike are we talking about here? Secondly, whether the brackets come with the lamps is a question that you need to ask of the seller, not us! Regarding the question regarding when the auxiliary lamps are activated, probably on high beams only if stock. I modified mine to act independently, then reverted back to the stock set up where they come on with high beams only, because I use 100 watt landing light bulbs which are the brightest lights on the planet for these housings. Got to be a drag using the switch on the console.

You'll likely be able to use your stock turn signals, but I would contact the seller for these questions...they should have been asked first before you bought them.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:15 AM
G9803
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I should have asked, however I thought they fit the stock setup for the turn signals.

I have a 2006 Streetglide, sorry should have highlighted that. They arrive today, I guess I'll see if it comes with the mounting bracket. Was just wondering how it worked though. Thanks for your input.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Tookey
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I misinterpreted veekness but I'm pretty sure stock your passing lamps turn off when you switch to high beam. You can make your lamps stay on during high beam with HD part # 69200441 harness or you could make your own. You will probably need the dash switch as well.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Tookey
Maybe I misinterpreted veekness but I'm pretty sure stock your passing lamps turn off when you switch to high beam. You can make your lamps stay on during high beam with HD part # 69200441 harness or you could make your own. You will probably need the dash switch as well.
Naw, you may be very correct, Tookey...I don't remember. I got my scoot as a wreck, and during the restoration process, wired in my 100 watt aircraft landing light bulbs to work independent of the headlight. Recently, I decided that I wanted them to go on only with the high beam, and I wired them thataway...

Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Streetglides have bullet turn/running lamps on a fork mounted bracket without passing lamps. Most other tourers have lollypop turn/running lamps mounted under the passing lights on a light bar. If ya want to keep your bullet lamps with passing lamps the tri-glige/cvo passing lamp brackets work great and look better than a light bar imho. There are also bullet lamp "adapters" that work with a light bar but I don't like how "bulky" they look. Good luck.

Last edited by 0ldhippie; 11-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.