Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Helmets ever go on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by ofan
Too good to be true, Bell products are excluded from the promo code... Thanks anyway, I'll shop around a little more... I appreciate it.
Ofan
Might be worth a phone call. I've dealt with at least one online retailer that doesn't give a discount ordering through the web, but will give it on the phone.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:23 PM
bill from tn
Road Captain
Received 267 Likes on 115 Posts

I believe that Bell is like some other brands and require retailers to sell at set retail prices. You may as well buy from a local store and have the luxury of trying one on before buying.

My wife and I both purchased at a local Honda shop and got great help from the staff. It cost me no more than the best price I could find on the Internet.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:42 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by bill from tn
I believe that Bell is like some other brands and require retailers to sell at set retail prices. You may as well buy from a local store and have the luxury of trying one on before buying.
What you normally run into is "minimum advertised price" (MAP), which is the lowest price a vendor can advertise, or in some cases, show on its web site. As I mentioned, I've run across at least one vendor (non-motorcycle related) that works around this problem simply by handling the discounts by telephone.

Last edited by cficole; 11-21-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

If im not mistaken, Jafrum had them on sale a bit back

Old 11-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Gunner E
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought a Pit Boss and really like it. That being said, every store I went to (I used the excuse of shopping around to spend the day on the bike) all had the helmet within a dollar or two. I finally just picked one up from Cycle Gear down the road from my house. In lieu of a sale, some places out here (San Diego) give discounts for MSF graduation cert, military, or first responders. I recommend you ask the retailer about discounts if any of those can apply to you.
Good luck with your search.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:03 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I figured out what LeatherUp's workaround is. Where they can't give you the normal 10% discount, they give you a "cash back" deal, where that 10% is put in your account and can be used on future purchases. So, for example, on the page for your Pit Boss, it says, "EARN $13.00 CASH BACK UPON PURCHASE." So they give you the amount of the 10% discount to use against the next thing you buy. If you don't intend to buy anything else from them in the future, that isn't worth anything to you. If you do, it gives you the benefit of a discount on the helmets.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 PM
pdb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my on Ebay a couple of years ago for $109. You might try there.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:32 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That helmet is the most comfortable one that I own. Doubt you will find it less than 125$..

Old 11-22-2014, 09:01 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Love my Pit Boss. I have had many helmets over the years but this is the first one I almost forget I have on.

Good luck on finding one for less than a $115.00. If you do let us know.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:03 PM
ofan
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay was a good suggestion. $103.96, free shipping, no tax. New in Box. Can't beat that! thanks for everyone's input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-BELL-HEL...7a627d&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Bell Helmets ever go on sale?