Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Helmets ever go on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:46 AM
ofan
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bell Helmets ever go on sale?

I am interested in getting a couple Pit Boss Helmets and was trying to compare prices but I never saw them lower than $129 on any (reputable) site. I was wondering if Bell ever has a sale, maybe during the Holidays? Thanks.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

On LeatherUp.com it shows the $129.95 price, but you can always get an additional 10% off on that website using the permanent discount code 55636, which would bring it to ~$117. In addition, from time to time, LeatherUp runs greater discounts (usually 15%) which they announce on their homepage. These bigger sales usually coincide with holidays (they did it on Veterans Day). My guess is there will be a 15% code up on the site around Thanksgiving as well.

Many members of the forum have had repeated good luck purchasing things on LeatherUp. I bought my HJC helmet and my wife's on that site as well as numerous other items from boots to jackets.

EDIT: I just double checked the website to confirm the PitBoss was still on there. It is: http://www.leatherup.com/p/Bell-Half...et/323112.html. And they are running a 12% Thanksgiving sale--use the code Thanks14. That would bring your price to ~$114 and save you over $30 on the 2 helmets.

Last edited by TKDKurt; 11-21-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
ofan
Advanced

Wow! Great, thank you...
Ofan

Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 AM
ofan
Advanced

Too good to be true, Bell products are excluded from the promo code... Thanks anyway, I'll shop around a little more... I appreciate it.
Ofan

Old 11-21-2014, 10:32 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

theres a few online retailers who do clearance sales on helmets in the fall. i remember a while back motorcycle superstore had a bunch of bell helmets for 30-50% off

Old 11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ofan
Too good to be true, Bell products are excluded from the promo code... Thanks anyway, I'll shop around a little more... I appreciate it.
Ofan
Really! I've never encountered that before on any item there. Did you try the regular 10% code too?

Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM
ofan
Advanced

Yes, there were a bunch of brands besides Bell you can't use for these Promos including Shoei, HJC, Scorpion and a bunch of others... Bummer!

Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Yes, there were a bunch of brands besides Bell you can't use for these Promos including Shoei, HJC, Scorpion and a bunch of others... Bummer!
I went back on the site and saw that. Interestingly though, I did a fake purchase (through checkout, but not submitting the purchase) of an HJC IS Cruiser helmet to see if the codes would work there since it said it wouldn't under the Thanksgiving code banner. As it said, it did not take the 12% special Thanksgiving code. But when I put in the standard code, it did take off the 10%. I tried the same with the Bell Pit Boss, but it wouldn't take either code.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Wants me another 500TX. Puppy chewed the last one.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 PM
bseberle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in getting a couple Pit Boss Helmets and was trying to compare prices but I never saw them lower than $129 on any (reputable) site. I was wondering if Bell ever has a sale, maybe during the Holidays? Thanks.
Amazon lists these for 125.93 with free shipping form Wisconsin Harley

Amazon.com: Bell Flames Pit Boss Open Face Motorcycle Helmet - Matte Titanium / Large: BELL: Automotive Amazon.com: Bell Flames Pit Boss Open Face Motorcycle Helmet - Matte Titanium / Large: BELL: Automotive

Quick Reply: Bell Helmets ever go on sale?