Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tribar 67774-10

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 01:24 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I think the oup of Tribar 67774-10, pins 1 and 2 will provide with left right signal/brake and pins 8 and 9 will give you run.However you should confirm this using a testlight or volt meter.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:26 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

On US bikes it plugs into the same harness as the stock light. If you want to hack wire it, don't cut any existing wires. You can pick up the running light and brake light under the left side cover towards the rear.

Or you could wire it into the ACC plug under the seat

Last edited by shooter5074; 11-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't think he is trying to hack wire the tribar light.He is trying to replace the stock light with the run/brake model.And because the wiring is different with the HDI vrs the US model,he is trying to figure out a way to get his tail lights working.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:42 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dansflhti
I don't think he is trying to hack wire the tribar light.He is trying to replace the stock light with the run/brake model.And because the wiring is different with the HDI vrs the US model,he is trying to figure out a way to get his tail lights working.

I know. And that's how I was telling him how to do it. Since the wiring doesn't exist on his model, he needs to either wire into the run brake plug under the left side cover, or into the ACC plug under the seat.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Sonny81
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the oup of Tribar 67774-10, pins 1 and 2 will provide with left right signal/brake and pins 8 and 9 will give you run.However you should confirm this using a testlight or volt meter.
Yes sir, i can confirm this through the electric scheme on my Touring service manual.
I could probably change the position of the wires into the connector of my out harness.....so I would get a similar US harness. What do you think?
The problem is that I would have two wires in more (numbers 3 and 9)

Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Sonny81
Advanced

Originally Posted by shooter5074
On US bikes it plugs into the same harness as the stock light. If you want to hack wire it, don't cut any existing wires. You can pick up the running light and brake light under the left side cover towards the rear.

Or you could wire it into the ACC plug under the seat

Thanks man, i understand but I've use that connector with the stop light of the air wing luggage rack.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:35 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

I know. And that's how I was telling him how to do it. Since the wiring doesn't exist on his model, he needs to either wire into the run brake plug under the left side cover, or into the ACC plug under the seat.
If you saying to connect the tribar light to one of these sources,he can't do it.The tribar light he has,has no external wiring harness.It has an inp plug on the left side to receive the rear lighting harness which runs along the fender and it has an oup plug on the right side which feeds the signal/brake(same wire),run,voltage to the light bar.The only way to make this work is to re-arrange the pins in the oup cable.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sonny81
Thanks man, i understand but I've use that connector with the stop light of the air wing luggage rack.

You can still do it with a couple of T-taps.

If you saying to connect the tribar light to one of these sources,he can't do it.The tribar light he has,has no external wiring harness.It has an inp plug on the left side to receive the rear lighting harness which runs along the fender and it has an oup plug on the right side which feeds the signal/brake(same wire),run,voltage to the light bar.The only way to make this work is to re-arrange the pins in the oup cable.

All he has to do is buy the plug. Any Harley dealer has them. Or he could open up the light and hard wire into it. The reason I know about this is, I did this for a friend who bought a Canadian bike (he's Canadian). It takes like an hour to do. The hardest part is actually mounting the light....... hand kept cramping because of the weird angle, and laying on my back to reach up inside the fender.

I've been into the rear wiring on my bike several times.

Last edited by shooter5074; 11-25-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Sonny81
Advanced

You can still do it with a couple of T-taps.

All he has to do is buy the plug. Any Harley dealer has them. Or he could open up the light and hard wire into it. The reason I know about this is, I did this for a friend who bought a Canadian bike (he's Canadian). It takes like an hour to do. The hardest part is actually mounting the light....... hand kept cramping because of the weird angle, and laying on my back to reach up inside the fender.

I've been into the rear wiring on my bike several times.

Ok Shooter, with a T-taps how i can connect the tribar? As Dansflhti says, there isn't some external wire on the tribar....

I read in a French forum that someone has solved this way:
1- Open both the tribar (european and USA version)
2- Eemove both the electric board
3- Solder the 3 wires (black, white and red) to the respective pins on the USA electric board
4- Reseal and close the tribar box, install on the fascia and plug the 2 connectors.

Maybe a fastest and clearest work....

Old 11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sonny81
Ok Shooter, with a T-taps how i can connect the tribar? As Dansflhti says, there isn't some external wire on the tribar....

I read in a French forum that someone has solved this way:
1- Open both the tribar (european and USA version)
2- Eemove both the electric board
3- Solder the 3 wires (black, white and red) to the respective pins on the USA electric board
4- Reseal and close the tribar box, install on the fascia and plug the 2 connectors.

Maybe a fastest and clearest work....

Yep, that's pretty much how I did it. Make sure you seal it back up well. I used marine grade epoxy, and then ran a bead of RTV silicone around the seam just to be sure.

Quick Reply: Tribar 67774-10