Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Use The Saddlemen Dominator Solo Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:42 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Use The Saddlemen Dominator Solo Seat?

I am trying to find a comfortable solo seat for my bike. Does anyone have the Saddlemen Dominator Solo Seat? If so, how comfortable is it on longer rides?

I have a Mustang solo, not sure which one it is because I don't see it on their website (it has diamond stitch pattern). It is uncomfortable after about 100 miles.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Old 11-22-2014, 02:41 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I actually had one ordered, along with the backrest. Unfortunately, I got tired of waiting for 3 months and bought a Mustang super solo/backrest instead. Fast forward 6 months and they're available. Sounds like you have a Mustang Tripper. The Dominator is a cool looking seat in a high tech kind of way...

Old 11-22-2014, 06:46 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

I have the Saddlemen Renegade-it's as hard as a rock. Went from sore tailbone on my stock seat ,to a sore tailbone AND burning *** cheeks with the saddlemen. What's wrong with the Mustang?
I just looked at the dominator on JP's site. Looks about the same as the renegade,[and same description]but classier material. Another thing,with the saddlemen the two bolts are hidden under the rear of the seat.You have to pull up on the material and 'bend' the seat to put the nuts on,then tighten them with an open end wrench. Not really hard to do,but more trouble than other seats. [I wouldn't buy another Saddlemen solo.]
Actually,I cut a hole in the bottom of the stock seat,and removed a hunk of foam-about 2 inches wide,and 4 inches long-relieved the pressure on my tailbone,and it's more comfy than the saddlemen. But the stocker as you know, is just plain Ugly!

Last edited by hdbob2006; 11-22-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:44 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Wow! Glad I asked.

The Mustang is too hard. I think it IS the tripper. Maybe I should just get another Vintage solo.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:14 PM
ColtFXSTSB
Stage I
Default Dominator seat

Long time lingerer, first time poster. Just received my Saddleman Dominator seat with back rest, I could not find a single review of this seat prior to ordering. I wanted something, anything other than a mustang seat, love mustang, know they are great just wanted something different. After reading some horrible reviews about Saddleman I took the plunge anyway. The seat is really nice, super well made and extremely comfortable. I opted for the backrest as well, its like a lower back massage, no kidding. The seat does have a high tech look with white stitching and carbon fiber pattern, it looks good and is different. I need to add that this may not be the seat for you long legged folks as it does put you forward and up a little compared to say a C&C fastback. this is a well thought out hi quality gel seat, the back rest is adjustable and has a pocket in the back, its kinda spade shaped and fits your back much better than say a flat smooth backrest. I like a firm seat and this one is perfect for me, firm but not a Lepara brick. They say the break in period will drop the seat a little, don't have a long ride on it yet. Anyway I give it two thumbs up. BTW, I put this seat on a 2009 Road King P.

Last edited by ColtFXSTSB; 12-23-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Salts
Stage II

Hey ColtFXSTSB. Any chance you have a picture of it on your bike? Have a 2014 road king and thinking of getting the dominator as well. Online pics are hard to find of it on an actual RK.

Thanks!