Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:15 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,235 Likes on 8,376 Posts

I dropped my sig bike in the garage once. `Didn`t even scratch the engine guard, much less bend or dent it. I call BS on the seller.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:18 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by djodrey
Thanks guys I didn't think it was possible for it to have just fallen over. The title is already done and i don't see where the rebuilt title will be a problem. What are the issue with rebuilt titles?
Can't get 'em financed and poor resale for this reason and others.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:19 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys his starting point is 4k and i think i can get him down more. Is that reasonable with the title?
If the frame/forks or triple tree isn't bent, may be ok.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a bent engine guard and a dented gas tank from falling over in the garage is not enough to issue a salvage title...there's more to this story that this guy isn't telling you. I'd wonder why the lie.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

Plus if you total the bike an insurance company, if they choose to sell you insurance, will likely deduct a huge chunk of your value. Plus you deal with the same issue you have, the new owner wondering what really happened if you go to sell it.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

If you are buying it as a project for the right price, salvage bikes can be a good deal. I have seen insurance companies total bikes because the frame tab that holds the engine guard was bent. Costs more to reframe the bike than it is worth. I would be careful that there isn't other damage but would be a player at the right price...

Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 AM
djodrey
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. This guy is going to give me the vin# to check everything out and i have a friend who is a experienced mechanic who is gonna go with me. Just found out that this is a dealer and he buys bike from insurance company's all the time was his story. I cant pass up at least going and checking it out for the price. Any tips on what to really check out good to make sure there are no frame problems? This is going to be a project bike so i have the rest of winter to get going. I think if i can get it cheap enough i can do what i want to it without sinking a ton of money into it. I live in Ohio so riding season wont be here for awhile.

Last edited by djodrey; 11-24-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks guys. This guy is going to give me the vin# to check everything out and i have a friend who is a experienced mechanic who is gonna go with me. Just found out that this is a dealer and he buys bike from insurance company's all the time was his story. I cant pass up at least going and checking it out for the price. Any tips on what to really check out good to make sure there are no frame problems? This is going to be a project bike so i have the rest of winter to get going. I think if i can get it cheap enough i can do what i want to it without sinking a ton of money into it. I live in Ohio so riding season wont be here for awhile.
I probably wouldn't buy a salvage bike from a dealer...No way to know why it was a salvage because he doesn't know...

Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
mouser58
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that we have no trouble titling an "R" title in WV, but some insurance companies quit wanting to insure them..

Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM
djodrey
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some pics and he is sending me more.

Quick Reply: Road King Crash