Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

The guy is obviously lying about the damage, what else he is lying about???
I would walk away, or run for that matter!

Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 AM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Is it just me,or is $4k a lot of money for that bike?Dealer must have grabbed it for $1500
at the auction...

Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
djodrey
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is 4K high i see them all the time without rebuilt titles for 7 to 8k and like i said i know i can get him down to at least 3500 or maybe lower depending on what i see. My friend is an experienced mechanic and i trust him so we are going to at least go check it out. I would like to still hear some opinions though. If i would buy this bike when it gets home it is getting stripped down and completely rebuilt to a custom bike.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i wouldnt even go look at the bike after seeing the garage or shop it seems to be sitting in... my garage isnt that trashed and it looks like someone that that may be fine as a mechanic, but to buy from the guy... i would run faster then i can run

Old 11-24-2014, 11:30 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by djodrey

Here are some pics and he is sending me more.

Looking at these pics (mind you im not a body guy or a die hard harley guy by no means) but to me the right bag looks newer then the left one. The right fork lower bolt behind the passing light looks like its missing or scraped off and scraped if those were scrapped the bars hit the ground for sure so I'd be really looking it over hard if your so bent on buying it. Places to look at are the frame attaching points where the bent pieces are attached to. Look at the grip ends and lever ends for scraps and or newness on one side to the other. Check the saddle bag bars also if it went down that hard again they would have been changed out. Ive gone down a few times on my old bike once it bent the highway bar but not enough to hit the tank. Id say it went down hard and fast. Check exhaust pipes for scrapes also. Those are points that people dont realize it damaged while repairing cause they still work good so they dont replace them. My mirror still has scratches on it.

Batman

Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 AM
djodrey
Cruiser

Thanks batman

Old 11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
P'cola Hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djodrey
Why is 4K high i see them all the time without rebuilt titles for 7 to 8k and like i said i know i can get him down to at least 3500 or maybe lower depending on what i see. My friend is an experienced mechanic and i trust him so we are going to at least go check it out. I would like to still hear some opinions though. If i would buy this bike when it gets home it is getting stripped down and completely rebuilt to a custom bike.
Sounds like your mind is madeup. Good luck.

Remember the custom bike you will be building, sending lots of cash on can't be insured (rebuilt title), so if ever wreck or stolen you are out all that money.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:06 PM
BJFLHT
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99 Road King wouldn't have an EVO in it either.....

Old 11-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by BJFLHT
99 Road King wouldn't have an EVO in it either.....
Nice observation!
Jerry L

Old 11-24-2014, 12:17 PM
djodrey
Cruiser

its not an evo its efi twin cam. I don't know what the laws are in other states but insuring a rebuilt title is not an issue in Ohio.

Quick Reply: Road King Crash