Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

107" Big Bore Kit: Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:56 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 107" Big Bore Kit: Fuel Moto

I was wondering if anyone else has jumped there bike from a 96" to 107" I've been looking at Fuel Moto kit, because I've had great experience with them in the past. My only upgrades to date V&H 4" HO true duals, SE Air intake & Power Commander V (purchased from fuelmoto who pre-programmed it).

Looking for advice on experience with this type of engine mods.

What's Included

Custom Fuel Moto MTC forged pistons at 10.25:1 compression
Precision bored OEM cylinders ready to install with ring end gap set (core exchange, or send us your cylinders)
Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 cams
Fuel Moto Perfect Fit Pushrods
All necessary gaskets, O rings, Torrington inner cam bearings
Complete installation DVD
Unlimited tech support from Fuel Moto
Retail Price $995.00 Complete kit

Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

With 1,323 Posts here and you've never yet run across any Fuel Moto threads ? In answer to your question, yes it has been done before, yes it's a relatively simple operation, and yes it will bring a smile to your face. They have installation videos on their site that you should sit down and watch. Try the search function on this forum if you don't believe me.

The following users liked this post:
Burner1977 (04-26-2020)
Old 12-13-2014, 01:26 AM
GoatHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upgraded my 96" to a FM 107". Also did heads, so went with the TW-777. Dealer preferred to use SE pushrods, Tuned with the Powervision. Sure it would be a little better with a dyno tune, Had a minor leak at the base of the jugs after about 700 miles, Turned out the Dealer had broke the gasket during install, All is good now and I am content with the performance at the moment. Can you say 124",

Last edited by GoatHD; 12-13-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:01 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
I was wondering if anyone else has jumped there bike from a 96" to 107" I've been looking at Fuel Moto kit, because I've had great experience with them in the past. My only upgrades to date V&H 4" HO true duals, SE Air intake & Power Commander V (purchased from fuelmoto who pre-programmed it).

Looking for advice on experience with this type of engine mods.

What's Included

Custom Fuel Moto MTC forged pistons at 10.25:1 compression
Precision bored OEM cylinders ready to install with ring end gap set (core exchange, or send us your cylinders)
Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 cams
Fuel Moto Perfect Fit Pushrods
Retail Price $995.00 Complete kit
I would go with atleast 10:5 to 1 compression with those cams. That being said the only thing that will hurt your current exhaust. You should expect a properly tuned stock headed 107 to make 100hp and 110 tq. You can expect a few less with 10.2 comp and true duals.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:24 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
With 1,323 Posts here and you've never yet run across any Fuel Moto threads ? In answer to your question, yes it has been done before, yes it's a relatively simple operation, and yes it will bring a smile to your face. They have installation videos on their site that you should sit down and watch. Try the search function on this forum if you don't believe me.
I appreciate the sarcasm. We always have a group of individuals that are the HDforum posting police. I know its a tireless and thankless job but thankfully.

you've never yet run across any Fuel Moto threads ?-- Yes I've run across plenty of fuel moto threads. I've searched the forum for such threads, and i also post the specifically i would like to hear about so i can reference the thread.

yes it has been done before. -- No kidding? Its been done before? Yes i realized that, its why i posted so i could get first hand experiences that would benefit my decisions.

They have installation videos on their site that you should sit down and watch. -- Much appreciated info i will check this out. I'm not too mechanical but i have a group of friends to assist.

Many of the people i know debate against reliability of the engine once modifying away from stock. One of my reasons for wanting to hear some first hand experiences.

I do appreciate the post. Not trying to be a Dick but sometimes i would like info specific to what i looking for and search function alone does not yield all the info. Like the individual that posted its best to look for 10:5 to 1 compression ratio. I'll take that info and guess what search with google on the best ratio.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...fuel-moto.html

Last edited by brutalbrad; 12-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by brutalbrad:
Powerwagon64 (06-25-2020), URGE (10-07-2016)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:28 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sporacer
I would go with atleast 10:5 to 1 compression with those cams. That being said the only thing that will hurt your current exhaust. You should expect a properly tuned stock headed 107 to make 100hp and 110 tq. You can expect a few less with 10.2 comp and true duals.
I've heard that the true duals will be a limitation to the HP/TQ possibility I'll have to deal with that but i think the will perform better than stock on my 2007 RK Custom.

Appreciate the info on the compression ratio. I'll search around for other kits that might yield the numbers you mention.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:43 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior

Looks like they have another kit for $300 more. for only $300 additional i think this setup would be better.

What's Included

Custom Fuel Moto MTC forged pistons at 10.25:1 or 10.50:1 compression
Your choice of Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 or TW-777 cams
Wood Performance Directional Lifters
Fuel Moto Quick Install Pushrods

Old 12-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
My 107 with V&H Dresser Duals, stock heads makes 116 TQ, 10.25 compression see below.

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
I've heard that the true duals will be a limitation to the HP/TQ possibility I'll have to deal with that but i think the will perform better than stock on my 2007 RK Custom.

Appreciate the info on the compression ratio. I'll search around for other kits that might yield the numbers you mention.
Yes, true duals will steal your ponies. I decided not to go with ported heads because true duals limit your gains, and push them to the right. Not what I wanted.

I'm running 10.25 compression with 777's and no ported heads.

Last edited by Keithhu; 12-13-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:50 AM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did a fm 107 kit on my bike, went with lvl b heads, 777 and 10.5 compression. Very happy with it so far, it was an easy job. 112 hp/126 tq. Look into the additional stuff like stiffer clutch spring, aim vpc was a nice addition, and definitely a wards fan for the additional heat if your doing city riding. I also would upgrade to a SE compensator, I didn't and mine chewed up in less than a month.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by stic2it
I just did a fm 107 kit on my bike, went with lvl b heads, 777 and 10.5 compression. Very happy with it so far, it was an easy job. 112 hp/126 tq. Look into the additional stuff like stiffer clutch spring, aim vpc was a nice addition, and definitely a wards fan for the additional heat if your doing city riding. I also would upgrade to a SE compensator, I didn't and mine chewed up in less than a month.
What exhaust? Can you post the chart?

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit: Fuel Moto