Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for least bulky, waterproof HEATED GLOVES

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:13 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts
Default Looking for least bulky, waterproof HEATED GLOVES

I'm looking for some heated gloves. I want the least bulky gloves possible. I would also like them to be leather and waterproof. I see a lot of folks like the Gerbing G3 gloves, but are they waterproof? It doesn't say on their website.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:21 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

Get there heated liner than get any gloves you want

Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rdc401
Get there heated liner than get any gloves you want
Yeah but the liners add bulk.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All the heated gloves I have seen, Gerbing, warm and safe, etc are all bulky, they are winter gloves and part of the warm is kept by the insulation. Basically a heated liner is thin, and then you can decide if you want a 80 gram thinsulate, mittons, 100 gram etc, you can have more control on the thickness.

Another option, based on what you are asking, would be some work gloves, (Tractor supply perhaps) or welding gloves, they are leather then put some water proofing on them. I forgot what the stuff is called but I have seen it at academy for water proofing leather and textile.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 PM
RiverB
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Liners add bulk, but just buy the gloves one size larger. Most complaints about bulk are really about restriction. Oversize makes up for that.

There's no free lunch. No one's going to sell good heated gloves in a format where wind chill sucks all the heat out of them. That'd be stoopid.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:42 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I have these, very flexible and comfortable and have a waterproof lining. I've used this pair now for 5 years still looks like it can go for another 5.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/heated-gloves

Old 12-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the first gear heated glove liners and bought a size bigger Milwakee leather gauntlet gloves that aren't lined. They fit great, still have plenty of movement in them.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by kojak
I have these, very flexible and comfortable and have a waterproof lining. I've used this pair now for 5 years still looks like it can go for another 5.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/heated-gloves
Do you have the issues that are mentioned in the reviews? Seem like there are a few folks complaining about finger tip issues.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,537 Likes on 3,054 Posts

The liners of my new G-3's are waterproof, but the leather is not. Nor were the other older 2 pair of Gerbings that I've owned. I'm borderline Extra Large on all my gloves but not with Gerbings apparently, they are way over sized IMO. I was swimming in the XL's that I got from Revzilla last month. I returned them for Large and that's a better fit (though they are still roomy.)

The new G-3's are way less bulky that their predecessors. They feel like any winter gauntlet glove, heated or not, but they don't supply the heat like the older models do either. I'm using the old bulky Gerbings on the Harley (which just has a windshield,) this winter (daily commuter,) because the extra bulk from the old wiring system seems to block cold air on the backs of my fingers. I use the G-3's on the BMW (which has a fairing.)

As you might surmise, I'm not real impressed with the G-3's. In fact I just ordered some wool glove liners to wear inside them to see if maybe I might ride the Harley with them sometimes this winter. We'll see.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:03 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,951 Likes on 21,313 Posts

You want fries with that?

Quick Reply: Looking for least bulky, waterproof HEATED GLOVES