Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who or what damaged your bike???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:42 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattrolling

A few weeks later when I uncovered my bike for a ride, I had a dent in the front fender and a chip out of the gas tanks paint down to the metal.

After a brief interrogation of the most obvious terrorists, I discovered that a fishing reel was dropped on the fender and a bicycle fell over into the gas tank. ..
Tell everyone you were in a gun battle with an outlaw motorcycle gang. That sounds a lot better.

Really, do you want a garage queen? Sorry, you already tried that.

Go ride. You'll feel better.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

1. Me removing cover from bag, forgets disc lock also in bag - which lands on exhaust tip.

2. ******** with wheelybag at airport coming between car and bike drags bag along my hard bag lid and latch despite me saying "mind my bike with that bag". He gets punched.

3. Narrow road approaching my house, tractor with trailer full of hay coming in opposite direction. I pull in to the side. not far enough. Fender of his trailer drags along the lid edge of my hard bag (now covered with Mustang covers), scratching the latch and tearing the cover. He gives me £20, once I've calmed down and stopped ranting.

**** happens.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:50 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Me putting my new handlebars on lean inner fairing out a little and while I have the bars in the vice pulling wires I hear crash fairing fall forward into the front fender and I even had a blanket on the fender. result 2 little dents in the fender. I get most of it out but can still see the marks.
At least i did it not some dumb *** that I would want to beat the **** out of.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:50 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shipping it back from Bremerhaven in 1974 to Bayonne NJ. Picked it up at the port and the gas tank was dented, mirrors twisted and rust starting on metal parts.
But the fun I had on it in Germany!

Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

1st week with the new SG (2013) a hail storm came through and best the he'll out the fenders , while I was installing bars on the bike I dropped a turn signal on the front fender adding to the damage ,a lady backed into the bike at McDonald's she says the bike was not in her back up camera she didn't see it. After getting all that fixed I dropped the damn bike and scuffed the saddle bag. I ended up trading that bike for a new RK 1st day home my daughter's cat scratched the lid of the saddle bag, that is lucky it belongs to my baby girl.
**** happens and it sux but a ride well make it all better.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:56 AM
05UltraBob
Road Master
Received 453 Likes on 262 Posts

I bought my recent FLHTK used, so it came with some custom scratches! Seriously.. I bought it to ride, and as such it's gonna get scuffed, scratched and dented. Yes, they bother me just a bit, but then I think of the fun I have had, and will have!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:13 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

My old bike is custom painted Black with candy apple dragon tail tip flames, gold underlay paint scheme, hand painted pin stripes around the flames. While insulating the garage door i had the ceiling fans on in the garage. Hit the fan blades with a piece of the 2 inch foam board snapped off one of the blades right over the old bike. Centered the middle of the tank and middle of the dragon tail flame straight down to the primer paint. Still havent gotton over it if it was the new SG i probably would have torn the garage down in a fit of rage.

Batman

Old 12-15-2014, 08:21 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Buy touch up paint and carry on. These machines we love are meant to be ridden. If we ride them, they will get damaged, but that is what they are for.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:57 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I try to keep her clean, but not one to spend more time worrying about how clean, and scratchless it is, then riding it. But, enjoy it for the reason you bought it, but if ya ride, it will get some kind of wear

Old 12-15-2014, 09:37 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL. I'm loving this thread. I'm not the only guy that stupidly damaged his brand new bike. Seems to be a pretty good sized club.

1. First longish ride. Came in to a parking spot on my right. Grabbed a little front brake. Bike went over on it's left side. Wife wasn't impressed. Worst part was that I was riding with a good friend that rides a Honda and the parking spot in question was right in front of the Honda dealer in Alexandria, LA. 4-5 Honda guys run out to help me pick up my brand new Harley.

2. First wash. Very carefully removed the saddlebags, sitting them on a towel on the concrete. Got the bike all washed and I'm walking over to wash the bags with the hose which has one of those "gun" type nozzles on the end. Slipped on an oily/soapy spot and busted my azz on the carport floor. Drop the hose and the metal nozzle hits dead on top of the left saddle bag lid. Gouged it up pretty good. Touch up paint did ok, but it's still very noticeable.

I'm apparently my own worst enemy.

Ride Safe

David

Quick Reply: Who or what damaged your bike???