Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who or what damaged your bike???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicks and dings and dog paw prints on the seat ect...I can live with most of it, but my 08 was in our house fire. That sucked pretty bad.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:39 AM
94ruck
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Building a bike rack to keep the bikes away from the RKC. I walked by my wifes bicycle and bump it and it falls on my front fender. Bought touch up black and clear to do the job right. Open up the touch up paint, turn it over to dab on fender and it globs all over the fender...2nd try and it actually worked. Clear coated it and went on. Opened the leather saddle bags and the lids hit the mounting bolts of my 4 point and 2 point mounts for the back rest and tour pack and proceed to leave little dimples in the leather. 18 months later and 11000 miles and riding the heck out of it. Grinning the whole time.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Roadflyer
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

I have 4 granddaughters, the second oldest is Arial. She's a wonderful kid and in some way's she my favorite, but...
Trouble and damage follows her around, stuff just happens with Arial. She's 7 now and I can't have her anywhere near my stuff or in the shop, god knows anything could happen to her if she got into the power tools in the shop. She's never done anything intentionally, stuff just happens. She put a seriously large dent in the passenger door of my Cadillac CTS (long story and partly my fault), the parents always just look the other way like nothing happened.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:04 AM
stevemucha1
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brand new Street Glide, 100 miles. Buddy and I stop at the local watering hole for a beer (had not had any yet). I back into the parking spot, buddy backs into the right of my bike. He forgets to put his kickstand down and bike handlebars land on my saddlebag. Gouged the hell out of the bag and the strut cover. Oh well, I replaced the strut cover and put covers on the bags.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

My first highway run on the glide I got peppered by a semi within 1 mile of town. I think the bike had less than 30 miles on it. 1 small dent on the front fender, on a pin strip of course, and a couple of nicks in the fairing and windshield.

I was expecting something like this to happen on the crap roads here, just not this quick. Anyways, once I got the first ding done early I was able to quit worrying about it and get into the ride.

Incidentally, I haven't had so much as a scratch in over 10,000 miles of touring since.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:25 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Glad I'm not alone!

First set of parts I ordered for the bike was a touch up paint marker!

A few dabs and a coat of wax cover lots of battle scars. Truth is no-one notices them but you.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:26 PM
NVERL8
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Less than 100 miles. Go to test out a wind splitter windshield and take the handy dandy tool kit out of the tool pouch and while I'm taking the stock windshield off the two little wrenches (which are really not secures to the tool) fell out and dented my fender. I hate that multi tool.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:51 PM
JakeyL.
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVERL8
Less than 100 miles. Go to test out a wind splitter windshield and take the handy dandy tool kit out of the tool pouch and while I'm taking the stock windshield off the two little wrenches (which are really not secures to the tool) fell out and dented my fender. I hate that multi tool.
My turn... My beautiful wife of 15 years woke up one day (two years ago) and told me "it's over". **** happens, I know. The devastation I felt was no where near what I discovered three months later when I removed the cover off my beautiful RKC, so I could move it to my new place of residence. Apparently her new "guy friend" thought he'd live his life long dream, and tried to sit on my bike. Inevibatble crash happened. It apparently fell into a fence. She denied everything. But my neighbor had a great recollection of the crash and sound weeks earlier. You know the sound. Anyway, here I sit with a small dent in my front fender, and few other small scratches. Just icing on the cake, I guess... Life is funny sometimes. Don't ever take for granted the small little things that make you happy. I won't ever again. World keeps turning whether we are happy or not. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by JakeyL.; 12-15-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dropped screwdriver on gas tank for 1st mishap, then had saddlebags off to clean bike & right side one fell over & nicked-up edge of lid, got some Mustang lid covers after that. Stuff happens.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:20 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bikes are stored one in the shed and one in the garage. Both are locked. I am the only person with keys. If my shed is open and the bike is in it, no one dare go near it. It's the only way to be. I have a bad temper, and everyone around me knows it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick Reply: Who or what damaged your bike???