Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Gerbing G12 gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:43 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
just a fyi...gerbing warranty sucks now and they jack you around....I have gloves,liner and they been in shop 2 times in last 3 years and they keep denying the warranty......now the controller has taken a **** and thats the second 100$ controller in 3 years (wait its the 3rd controller I bought a cheap on and off one for a replacement when i sent the first one in)

looks like Gordons has brought back the lifetime warranty and 2 year on electronics

all my gear is back at geerbing again and they have denied the claim AGAIN on the gloves.....called Tex...have not got a return call yet.....I cant sell my gerbing crap fast enough
Man that's horrible. This is the first story like this I've heard about Gerbing stuff. Maybe you got a lemon...

Old 12-21-2014, 08:49 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Man that's horrible. This is the first story like this I've heard about Gerbing stuff. Maybe you got a lemon...
do a search here...you must not be reading the threads....Gerbing was sold and the new owners changed the warranty and the stuff no longer made here...tons of threads here in last year

Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Great product

I have both the jacket and gloves (big bulky ones) and love the jacket but the gloves are just too thick. They work fine, but my tendons in my arms get sore because I have to reach so much farther. My controller is going on 5 years now and works perfectly.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Devo6684
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your difficultes, maybe things have changed recently.
I do know that 6 months ago I sent my jacket in due to the fabric coming apart inside my sleeve. The jacket was 1.5 years old at the time and they repaired without question- and quick turnaround. When I got my jacket and gloves they had just started making more of their product here in the USA.
My jacket is tagged as made in the good ole US of A.

I have been quite happy with the jacket, gloves and dual controller.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:26 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not heard of the G12 gloves but I do own the G3's. Never had any trouble with any of my Gerbings heated gear in the three years I've owned it. I've used mine allot and believe it's still the best heated gear available. I love the stuff as it it keeps me riding all year in comfort. I know their headquarters and at least some of their production is in Stoneville, NC now.

From the Gerbing website: General Warranty
"When you purchase a Gerbing product within the United States, the heating elements (Microwire TM) are warrantied for life. Electrical plugs, Connectors, and any solder joints, as well as all materials and craftsmanship are covered by a one year warranty from date of purchase. Batteries and Chargers have a 90 day warranty from date of purchase. Normal wear and tear, and or customer negligence is not covered under the Gerbing LLC warranty. All warranties are non-transferable and apply solely to the original purchaser. Proof of purchase must be provided if any warranty claim is to be honored. Shipping costs for all warranty claims are the responsibility of the customer. Gerbing products are designed to be powered and controlled by using only Gerbing accessories and controllers. Using other manufacturers’ accessories and controllers with your Gerbing product will void the warranty. Please call (800) 646-5916 for a Return Authorization. Any products shipped into us without a Return Authorization might result in delays or potential loss of that returned item.

Gerbing LLC will also extend the same lifetime warranty to the heating elements in Gerbing Heated Clothing Inc (GHCI) products, even though they are entirely different companies. GHCI ceased to exist in 2012. Gerbing LLC will also continue to repair any of their products or GHCI products that are out of warranty for a fee. We will not charge any premium to our customers for the repair of their garment; your cost is simply our cost. No mark up. No profit. We will continue to value customer feedback and serve our customers to the best of our abilities. Without you and customers like you we would not be able to build such a great brand, and for that we thank you. Our goal at Gerbing will continue to be producing the best wearable technology while offering unmatched customer service."

Last edited by rbferg; 12-21-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:02 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Look at warmNsafe wireless controller , gerbings won't take a voltage spike or any moisture. WarmnSafe are repairable.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Look at warmNsafe wireless controller , gerbings won't take a voltage spike or any moisture. WarmnSafe are repairable.
If the Gerbins are the 12 Volt version and the bike is also 12Volt where would the spike come from?

Old 12-22-2014, 01:02 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
If the Gerbins are the 12 Volt version and the bike is also 12Volt where would the spike come from?
Really doesnt matter, in the event of a spike or more likely a short, they can only take it once and youre out buying a new one.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too will never buy Gerbings again. Bought their gloves 3 years from Harley, now no one will honor a warranty problem.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:20 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

I like my Gerbings--they keep my diabetic fingers and toes warm

Quick Reply: Anyone have Gerbing G12 gloves?