Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baker announces new compensator kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Baker is a quality manufacturer and you'll find Mark ( from Baker ) on this Forum regularly. He's always open for questions and comments.
Hopefully he'll chip in when he gets back to work, assuming Baker lets him have a Sunday off now and then!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:30 AM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good news to hear

Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
===================

The primary case drain plug was loaded with grey slimy metallic type contam and oil from primary with just under 5k miles on it looked very dirty/dark like it was loaded with contam from metal wearing which is likely the comp going bad.

scott

Just did my 5K service and noticed the same grey slimy metallic gunk on the plug/magnet, not sure what you mean by loaded but mine had enough to wipe off with a rag. And the primary oil was dark and murky, could this just be a normal condition? Thought I read in another thread that dark and murky was the norm for old primary oil.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Just did my 5K service and noticed the same grey slimy metallic gunk on the plug/magnet, not sure what you mean by loaded but mine had enough to wipe off with a rag. And the primary oil was dark and murky, could this just be a normal condition? Thought I read in another thread that dark and murky was the norm for old primary oil.
At 5K you guys are just wearing in all the pieces. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,960 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Go over to the primary section here on the forum and read the Darkhorse compensator thread, that's where we've been discussing Baker's kit with Mark

Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
There still being tested right now and have only been sent out to a select few right now and not expected to be sold to the general public for another month or so. You can call and pre order. Also you have to have the new style SE rotor, so if you have a 96" with the old style you will need to purchase a rotor from harley.
I pulled these picks from another site.

I like it.. Looks exactly like the old comp but they changed the splines on the crank adapter to fit the new crank then realigned the sprocket to the 6 speed clutch. Sprocket unfortunately covers the area that is normally open for the old compensator cam to get oil. It needs a row of 1/4 inch holes between the sprocket teeth to get the oil into the compensator cam area as that area is normally open on the early crank. Eh Mark?

Add:
I be curious as to whether the sprocket inner race section that runs on the adapter has issues as the sprocket teeth are not centered over that bearing surface. Could cause the sprocket to twist and bind on that bearing. It's not very wide..

Last edited by Max Headflow; 01-18-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Add
Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
==========

Thanks for posting your experience & info when you changed the primary oil in your bike which i will keep in mind.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 01-18-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:45 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
At 5K you guys are just wearing in all the pieces. I wouldn't be concerned about it.
===============

Well that may be the case in normal cond but my 09 tc 96 w-9,700 miles on makes the noted as to be sign of bad comp loud salm/bang sound when you hit the stater and fires up.

Before i read about symtoms of a bad comp here in this forum I swapped out the starter and didnt fix it,the same slam/bang noise was still there when firing it up so i am thinking thats telling me the comp is bad or on its way out but not totally shot yet,what do you guys think?

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 01-18-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I want one! I'll buy the comp and the baker manual Primary chain adjuster right now if its available.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:40 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 321 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
I want one! I'll buy the comp and the baker manual Primary chain adjuster right now if its available.
Check the classifieds for the Primary chain adjuster. There's one for sale there.

Quick Reply: Baker announces new compensator kit