Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin eagle clutch spring is definetly stiffer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:04 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Screamin eagle clutch spring is definetly stiffer

Recently put 57h cams in my 13 street glide an thought I should put in a heavier clutch spring to help prevent the clutch from slipping. I knew the SE spring would increase the lever pull but I figured for the money I'd give it a shot. The weather won't allow me to do any riding right now but from them way it feels in the garage I don't like it. Its definitely harder to pull the clutch. So I'm looking for some opinions on other options. Has anyone ever used a +1 Barnett Kevlar kit with a stock spring? How about switching to the Barnett coil spring conversion, does it increase lever pull like the se spring? I guess my other option would be a variable pressure plate but from what I've gathered since they function off of centrifugal force there not much help on the bottom end. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:25 AM
Musician
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 137 Posts

08 w/stage one.Barnett kevlar extra plate and stock spring. works just fine. I can run it as hard as I want, and zero slippage under load. More hp, maybe not.For now, tho, clutch pull is nice.I understand the coil kit to be adjustable with which springs you install, but have not tried one myself.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Belanger14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about doing the screaming eagle clutch spring too I'm doing woods 222 cams soon. Some people have told me that the stock 103 spring is plenty strong enough now I'm torn on what to do. Is it that much harder to pull in?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

I didn't notice any difference except that the clutch quit slipping.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

It's a little stiffer, but if too much try this:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...apA_cUmDJgDzxQ

Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Belanger14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
Recently put 57h cams in my 13 street glide an thought I should put in a heavier clutch spring to help prevent the clutch from slipping. I knew the SE spring would increase the lever pull but I figured for the money I'd give it a shot. The weather won't allow me to do any riding right now but from them way it feels in the garage I don't like it. Its definitely harder to pull the clutch. So I'm looking for some opinions on other options. Has anyone ever used a +1 Barnett Kevlar kit with a stock spring? How about switching to the Barnett coil spring conversion, does it increase lever pull like the se spring? I guess my other option would be a variable pressure plate but from what I've gathered since they function off of centrifugal force there not much help on the bottom end. Any advice would be appreciated.
Could it be because you haven't had a chance to ride it and break it in?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Belanger14
Intermediate

The guys at fuel Moto told me that the stock 103 spring is the same as the screaming eagle spring

Old 01-19-2015, 07:14 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Belanger14
I was thinking about doing the screaming eagle clutch spring too I'm doing woods 222 cams soon. Some people have told me that the stock 103 spring is plenty strong enough now I'm torn on what to do. Is it that much harder to pull in?
The stock 103 spring is not plenty strong enough. I'm having the same problem but don't want a harder clutch pull. I'm looking into the centrifugal setup. Easy clutch pull except at higher RPM's.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Belanger14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vickers1
The stock 103 spring is not plenty strong enough. I'm having the same problem but don't want a harder clutch pull. I'm looking into the centrifugal setup. Easy clutch pull except at higher RPM's.
I'll have to check that one out, I would hate to get everything in and done and have to open it back up to do the clutch haha

Old 01-19-2015, 07:43 AM
mtiberio
Cruiser

spring color/pounds per inch chart (I believe):

SE (no color) 386#
police (pink) 364 #
stock 103 (yellow) 320#
stock 88 (blue) 300#
lite (white) 257#

I had the pink in my bike, but it caused the pin in my wrist to loosen up and gave me huge carpal tunnel. I now have the blue... My bike is a stock police 103. and I can say while it doesn't slip, it feels less "snappy" on hard shifts. If I had to get more grip, I'd remove the judder spring and put a full width friction plate all the way on the inside.

Quick Reply: Screamin eagle clutch spring is definetly stiffer