Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 05:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...eet-glide.html

Issue

Is it better to buy a Street Glide or better to strip down an Electra Glide and add touring parts?

In this thread, posters show pictures of their bikes, explain and give recommendations on an E-Glide with added parts vs a Street Glide, and how they did their set-up

Read below for full discussion...
Print Wikipost

Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts

I like thought I would have mine off a lot, but I just need to storage for taking stuff to work. Plus I like my LED's too much!

http://vid233.photobucket.com/albums...B488D38F01.mp4

Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 AM
osuhd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the street glide look and since my wife doesnt ride with me it works fairly well. Although she has said if I get a touring seat, or pack added on she would CONSIDER riding. I'm currently debating between the two bikes below

2006 screaming eagle ultra with 25k miles seller is asking $11900 plus one year warranty from a dealer . Bike is very nice and fully loaded plus chromed out, not much if anything needs to be done to it. Would possibly consider detaching tour pack.

2010 street glide 20k miles at $13000 , 96ci . Black denim! love this color. I would add customize some more, plus change exhaust current 2-1 prefer the dual exhaust look

Recommendations or input on the following two bikes, I believe both are solid purchases and probably cant go wrong with either one

Old 01-22-2015, 09:48 AM
MKennedy616
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osuhd
I really like the street glide look and since my wife doesnt ride with me it works fairly well. Although she has said if I get a touring seat, or pack added on she would CONSIDER riding. I'm currently debating between the two bikes below

2006 screaming eagle ultra with 25k miles seller is asking $11900 plus one year warranty from a dealer . Bike is very nice and fully loaded plus chromed out, not much if anything needs to be done to it. Would possibly consider detaching tour pack.

2010 street glide 20k miles at $13000 , 96ci . Black denim! love this color. I would add customize some more, plus change exhaust current 2-1 prefer the dual exhaust look

Recommendations or input on the following two bikes, I believe both are solid purchases and probably cant go wrong with either one
Again, this comes down to personal preference... Which do you like the look of better? If you don't like the look of one as much, how much work are you willing to do to change it? Do you want the wife to ride with you?

These are questions we can't answer for you...

But with that said, I believe the 2010 has a beefier frame than the '06... Some other guys can chime in on that...

Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Guess I'm one of the guys who spent buckets. To me the Street Glide is just a better looking bike with or without the touring parts.

Agreed. I didnt like the look of the ultra or limited when i was looking at the bikes. It was street glide all the way. Plus the top end weight of picking it off the stand seemed like double effort to raise it up.

Batman.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:10 AM
osuhd
Tourer

Its a personal decision for sure, I dont think the wife will ride much. I'm leaning towards the 2010 street glide for the color, and new frame. The engine size doesn't really bother me, I had a 103 and it was a fun bike. Its mainly about looks and enjoying the ride and adventure. It is fairly well customized already, would add some chrome to it plus go for the dual exhaust look.

06 screaming eagle, is pretty much a complete bike for me in what I would be looking for. Wheels are chromed, chromed engine etc. (Red/black/grey) Color scheme isn't bad, tour pack is plus & con, although can install detach to goto somewhat a street glide look.

What would be the better resale value in years to come ? Does the CVO/screaming eagle still hold that value

Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the street glide and bought the tour pack. As others have said, I like the clean lines of the street glide much better. From a logical standpoint it, you should probably do the other way. But none of us are logical.

I did ride a 2014 electric glide also, but I thought it was a street glide because the tour pack (obviously I didn't look that close). The extra 1 inch of shock made a big difference in the ride quality.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 AM
03 Fatboy
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

This is my Electra glide whenever my wife isn't with me. It has a better ride than a Street Glide on the rough road here.

Attached Thumbnails Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-dscn1164.jpg   Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-dscn1172.jpg   Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-dscn1177.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:49 AM
osuhd
Tourer

Originally Posted by 03 Fatboy
This is my Electra glide whenever my wife isn't with me. It has a better ride than a Street Glide on the rough road here.
looks good, still indecisive on my purchase. I'm checking both bikes out this saturday and hopefully will make a purchase then. Leaning towards the street glide for the black denim color and the new frame. Although the 06 ultra classic , I think what really has my attention is the cvo/screaming eagle basically a complete bike and I wouldn't need to do much to it. Would consider detach for the tour pack, street glide seat, and possibly lowering it.

Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

I did, most bang for the buck....

Attached Thumbnails Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-full-dress.jpg   Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-no-trunk.jpg   Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?-bar-hop.jpg  
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Electra Glide Standard
Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
...used EG standard and made it my way.
What they said.

Quick Reply: Strip down a E-Glide instead of Street Glide?