Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powervision 2 and Autotune Pro and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:50 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well that was a lesson learned the hard way. Could not get the plugs out of the bung holes with the pipe on the bike. So had to take the bike off and take the plugs out and put the narrow band sensors back in. Reinstalled the pipe and have everything put back together. Cranked it up and no check engine light. Going to go out for a ride now. I will report back.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:33 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieMac
Well that was a lesson learned the hard way. Could not get the plugs out of the bung holes with the pipe on the bike. So had to take the bike off and take the plugs out and put the narrow band sensors back in. Reinstalled the pipe and have everything put back together. Cranked it up and no check engine light. Going to go out for a ride now. I will report back.

Good deal, let us know what you think.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Blackhawks
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad. I did the exact same thing on my 2014 SGS yesterday. I was gonna call dynotune tomorrow to find out what I did wrong. Thanks for posting. Taking the narrowband out does seem like the logical thing to do when you have it all apart.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:18 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I rode for about a 100 miles today.

I really like the sound of the E-Series mufflers with the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe. It is very deep and does not seem to loud. However, I did ride with a full face helmet. I didn't ride on any of the normal roads where I push the bike so I really can tell about seat of the pants increase in power.

I can tell that there is less heat coming off of the Fuel Moto head pipe.

Great sound and less heat really made the modification worthwhile for me. Just wished I had better instructions regarding the Autotune Pro kit.

I ran the Power Vision 2 cables along with the front cylinder wideband O2 cable underneath the fuel tank in the wiring harness trough. There isn't much room on the handlebar to mount the Power Vision. I'm not really happy with the mounting but I didn't want to velcro it to the inner fairing. The Power Vision doesn't hit anything but it is hard to see while riding.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieMac
I rode for about a 100 miles today.

I really like the sound of the E-Series mufflers with the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 head pipe. It is very deep and does not seem to loud. However, I did ride with a full face helmet. I didn't ride on any of the normal roads where I push the bike so I really can tell about seat of the pants increase in power.

I can tell that there is less heat coming off of the Fuel Moto head pipe.

Great sound and less heat really made the modification worthwhile for me. Just wished I had better instructions regarding the Autotune Pro kit.

I ran the Power Vision 2 cables along with the front cylinder wideband O2 cable underneath the fuel tank in the wiring harness trough. There isn't much room on the handlebar to mount the Power Vision. I'm not really happy with the mounting but I didn't want to velcro it to the inner fairing. The Power Vision doesn't hit anything but it is hard to see while riding.

Why not velcro it to the dash on the tank? Run the cable under the seat to the connector. When you are done, you just removed the velcro and it looks like it was never there. I have my Ipod mounted there so I can change music on long trips...