Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powervision 2 and Autotune Pro and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:32 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Powervision 2 and Autotune Pro and check engine light

I have a 2015 Limited. Today, my buddy and I installed a fuel moto power package consisting of the fuel moto 2-1-2 head pipe, pro billet a/c, e-series mufflers and a power vision 2. Also, we installed the autotune pro for the power vision 2. I loaded the custom tune that Fuel Moto provided for the power package.

Install went fine, but the check engine light is staying on. Following are the DTCs from the power vision:

P0031 HIST CURR
Front H02S low/open
P0051 HIST CURR
Rear H02S low/open
P0134 HIST
Oxygen sensor high/open (front)
P0154 HIST
Oxygen sensor high/open (rear)

I am just learning about the power vision. Does it automatically recognize the autotune pro tuner module? I haven't changed any of the settings that it came with.

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Could you have the front and rear sensors bassakwards?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:00 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well the good news is the pv2 will clear your check engine light. I'm no expert by any means im still learning myself but I believe you need to select the "wideband" setting and use autotune pro instead of basic. Are your factory O2 sensors still connected?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

leave factory 02 sensors connected.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:11 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure your O2 sensors are installed correct, black goes to the back port and that both of them are connected. Also, make sure that the heated O2 sensors is turned on in your custom tune ---Limits and Switches - Heated O2 Sensors - the value should be 1.

I have the same setup on my 15 CVO and had no issues.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:26 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser

I am using the wide band sensors that came with the Autotune Pro kit. I left the narrow band sensors in the OEM pipe that I removed. I put plugs in the narrow band bungs on the Fuel Moto pipe.

I believe the O2 sensors are connected properly.

I did enable the Autotune Pro in the Power Vision, but with it being night, I have not taken the bike out for a spin. I cleared the codes. I will ride it tomorrow. Hopefully, the engine check light will go off.

Thanks for the responses and if anyone has anything other suggestions, I will check them out.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:00 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CharlieMac
I am using the wide band sensors that came with the Autotune Pro kit. I left the narrow band sensors in the OEM pipe that I removed. I put plugs in the narrow band bungs on the Fuel Moto pipe.

I believe the O2 sensors are connected properly.

I did enable the Autotune Pro in the Power Vision, but with it being night, I have not taken the bike out for a spin. I cleared the codes. I will ride it tomorrow. Hopefully, the engine check light will go off.

Thanks for the responses and if anyone has anything other suggestions, I will check them out.
That's your problem....

You MUST use both narrow and the wide bad O2 sensors with the pro kit. Take the bung plugs out and place your OEM narrow band O2 sensors back in to the Fuel Moto head pipe.

The pro tune kit is not a replacement for the OEM O2 sensors and the instructions don't tell you to take them out.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:22 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FinalShot
That's your problem....

You MUST use both narrow and the wide bad O2 sensors with the pro kit. Take the bung plugs out and place your OEM narrow band O2 sensors back in to the Fuel Moto head pipe.

The pro tune kit is not a replacement for the OEM O2 sensors and the instructions don't tell you to take them out.
Wow, I feel stupid. Can the narrow band sensors be installed in the pipe without having to take the pipe off the bike again?

Old 01-24-2015, 11:17 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Wow, I feel stupid. Can the narrow band sensors be installed in the pipe without having to take the pipe off the bike again?
I haven't ever tried it but don't think you can.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:50 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Most can be installed in pipe while it is on bike. You do realize the wideband O2's only work in Autotune PRO mode and the narrowband O2's are the ones the ecm/can uses realtime. Once you get the 12 mm back in just clear the codes and make sure they are turned on in Win/pv which they probably are.

Quick Reply: Powervision 2 and Autotune Pro and check engine light