Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Use that Loctite on everything!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lost my heel shift peg last summer, replacement has blue on the threads

Old 01-25-2015, 08:01 PM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
That happened to me several years ago on a group ride. As we were exiting the freeway for a gas stop, I noticed my left highway peg was gone. When we got to the gas station I noticed several of the guys were gathering around the guys bike who was right behind me, so I went over to see what was going on. His headlight was shattered and in the reflector material on the inside of the sealed beam was a reverse impression of my highway peg design. Ahhh, geeeeeze that really made me feel like a heel, but then another group was gathering around the BMW that had been following two bikes behind me. His radiator had been punctured by the broken glass from the first bike.
Ouch! I am not going to tell my Victory friends this.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:37 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdaniel52761
lol....is that a yes it is but doesn't do a very good job?
No, the HD threadlocker seems to work fine...when they put enough of it on.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
That happened to me several years ago on a group ride. As we were exiting the freeway for a gas stop, I noticed my left highway peg was gone. When we got to the gas station I noticed several of the guys were gathering around the guys bike who was right behind me, so I went over to see what was going on. His headlight was shattered and in the reflector material on the inside of the sealed beam was a reverse impression of my highway peg design. Ahhh, geeeeeze that really made me feel like a heel, but then another group was gathering around the BMW that had been following two bikes behind me. His radiator had been punctured by the broken glass from the first bike.
Similar story here but my PM shift lever end broke off on the freeway. My son was following me we had just passed a brand new black Ferrari with paper plates. I was admiring the Ferrari as we passed him and got in front of him, then I noticed the Ferrari make a quick pull over at an exit which I thought was rather a bizarre move.
Anyway we were exiting at the next off ramp when I tried to downshift, I noticed the rear peg was missing, at this point I didnt even think about the Ferrari until I told my son the peg fell off. He said I know I saw a black thing in the air and before I could blink it hit me in the pinky finger then bounced on the road. Put 2+2 together and figured it hit the new Ferrari.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Similar story here but my PM shift lever end broke off on the freeway. My son was following me we had just passed a brand new black Ferrari with paper plates. I was admiring the Ferrari as we passed him and got in front of him, then I noticed the Ferrari make a quick pull over at an exit which I thought was rather a bizarre move.
Anyway we were exiting at the next off ramp when I tried to downshift, I noticed the rear peg was missing, at this point I didnt even think about the Ferrari until I told my son the peg fell off. He said I know I saw a black thing in the air and before I could blink it hit me in the pinky finger then bounced on the road. Put 2+2 together and figured it hit the new Ferrari.
Probably the reason for the quick exit, he thought your son threw something at him.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:20 AM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

It's like that commercial for Franks Red Hot Sauce. (I put that s--t on everything)

Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 463 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by stic2it
+ adds character.
Hands down the dumbest thing I've read on here today. Seriously? Dinged up, damaged and scratched chrome adds character? You should probably take a baseball bat to your bike, and you would have character up the wazoo!

Old 01-26-2015, 11:30 AM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Northwoodz
Hands down the dumbest thing I've read on here today. Seriously? Dinged up, damaged and scratched chrome adds character? You should probably take a baseball bat to your bike, and you would have character up the wazoo!
Why is it dumb? I bought my bike to ride, and part of riding is having little oops stories that even tho they may **** you off at the time, it's still a story to tell later. No one is saying if you cave in the side of the bike while laying it down at 70 to leave it that way. But I'm not going to panic and run out and buy new parts for every little mark or scratch my bike has in it over the thousands of miles of riding.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Put that peg back on. It shows character, it shows you ride your bike. Most of all it shows **** happens!

Old 01-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,258 Likes on 3,629 Posts

So in 2 years of riding, you never once checked the fasteners?

Don't forget to check the pinch bolt for the arm on the tranny and shift levers..

Quick Reply: Use that Loctite on everything!