Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone 4s mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:29 PM
NKy Ultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone 4s mount

Not long ago someone posted about a little Bluetooth device that plugs into the radio ( I ride an 012 Ultra) I promptly ordered one from Amazon. Looking forward to listening to music this Summer from my iphone. I was planning on plugging my phone into the battery tender pigtail for charging and just putting it into my saddlebag. However, the more I think about it, I would really like to use the GPS function on my iphone. It has always got me to where I was going. This brings up 2 questions:
1. Have any of you discovered a sturdy handlebar mount for the iphone?
2. When your iphone is mounted on the handlebars how do you keep it charged? I'm afraid running the charging cable from the battery pigtail will result in melted cable on hot pipes. Option number 2 here is using the cigarette lighter for a charger, but I believe I recall reading on here that this wasn't made for this and may result in blown fuses, also wouldn't a cell phone charger plugged into this location hit the gas tank when turning the handlebars sharply?

Thanks for any replies.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
jamesdeanblvd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NKy Ultra
Not long ago someone posted about a little Bluetooth device that plugs into the radio ( I ride an 012 Ultra) I promptly ordered one from Amazon. Looking forward to listening to music this Summer from my iphone. I was planning on plugging my phone into the battery tender pigtail for charging and just putting it into my saddlebag. However, the more I think about it, I would really like to use the GPS function on my iphone. It has always got me to where I was going. This brings up 2 questions:
1. Have any of you discovered a sturdy handlebar mount for the iphone?
2. When your iphone is mounted on the handlebars how do you keep it charged? I'm afraid running the charging cable from the battery pigtail will result in melted cable on hot pipes. Option number 2 here is using the cigarette lighter for a charger, but I believe I recall reading on here that this wasn't made for this and may result in blown fuses, also wouldn't a cell phone charger plugged into this location hit the gas tank when turning the handlebars sharply?

Thanks for any replies.
Www.rammount.com

Old 01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a light colored case. Had mine in a kryapakan tech mount (blue defender case) in the sun and within 30 min it shut down due to too hot. It was an 85° day and sunny...

Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts
Old 01-26-2015, 09:05 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Riders Claw and you can have mine for half of new since I no longer have a 4 or a bike to mount it on.

http://ridersclaw.com/

Old 01-26-2015, 09:43 PM
make it faster
Advanced
Default Ram is OK

I have the ram x-mount and I like it. I have a 4s as well and it will fit that and any other phone I've tried. The only thing I don't like is it can spin on the axis of the x-mount. I don't know how to best explain it if you've never seen one though. I coil a 3 ft. cord down my bars to my cigarette lighter. Never had a fuse issue.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:44 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

ECaddy is another option.

I continue to have challenges with my IPhone overheating after maybe 30-45 minutes. I have gone back to my Zumo for GPS and my IPhone blue toothed into my stereo for music (sitting in my pocket).

SJ Ron

Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 PM
maryvillept
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made myself a mOunt. If you use aN otterbox this is perfecT. I made a few extras of you want one I'll send you one free. It mounts using center windshield hole and then use belt clip with clip detached and screw through it into mount. Used to put a hair tie around mount and phone for added security but found out it's not needed at all.

Attached Thumbnails Iphone 4s mount-20140513_185718.jpg   Iphone 4s mount-20140518_191413.jpg  
Old 01-27-2015, 05:57 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ram mount for iPhone 4s. Also added a lighter/power source. Attach Bluetooth adapter to flat surface of lower switch cover. Keep USB adapter and cords on the right side of the pouch.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:32 AM
SD lumpy
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

My brother has a mount that he picked up at Walmart for 20.00 that is used for off road bikes works great

Quick Reply: Iphone 4s mount