Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 week old 2015 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Good Luck with the new Ultra, congratulations for 36 years of marriage, wishing you lots of great future trips to wherever (hopefully not lost)!

Old 01-27-2015, 04:38 PM
hghc21
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up new bike to ride

I just upgraded from a 2006 ultra classic to a 2015 ultra limited low. I have a dual control for heated gear that I want to mount. Could anyone offer any suggestions on where is best to mount control for easy access and non-interference? Tks.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:48 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Have a similar story, married almost 39 years, had Triumphs, BMW's, then came the Harley's, 32 years she wouldn't ride with me but once a year. Last 7 years she is stuck to me like glue and I really like it, we ride as much as we can and plan trips this time of year as Old Man Winter keeps us at bay. keep the wheels turning and keep safe.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Good read, thank you.
Good job keeping your cool.
I keep going back to Harley.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:32 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Beerlover2
I purchased my 1st Harley in 2013. I bought a brand new Deluxe which is my favorite because of the old school look. It took me years to convince my wife to let me buy it. Once I did I started taking her for rides and then it got to the point where she was just so disappointed if I went on a ride and did not take her. Every weekend we would go on longer and longer rides getting up at 5:30am and just take off. We have been having so much fun that she started saying she would like to do some cross country travel.
So while in our local Harley dealership which we stopped in to buy her some new boots, I showed her the Ultra Limited and told her that this was the kind of bike we needed for cross country trips. She sat on the back of the back and said ‘Buy It’! The salesman was floored because usually it is the guy trying to convince the wife they need to buy it and I was the one not ready to jump. To make a long story short, I told her I wanted to check out all the touring bikes before I made a decision. I test drove the BMW GTL 1600 which might be the fastest best handling bike in terms of reviews, but I hated it! It is just not for me. I felt like it was a bike I might lay down. I then test drove the Indian Roadmaster and loved it! Great bike and to me very good looking. The problem with the Indian to me was that they are still setting up dealers, the dealers don’t get many bikes and they would not discount a penny and I refuse to pay MSRP since I have no idea on the resale of these bikes, and I finally decided that if they are still around in 3-5 years maybe then I might consider. I then test road the Honda Goldwing. Great bike and I get why it gets so much attention. It was smooth and responsive, but it bored me. Just not a bike I could get excited about and that is why I ride!
Believe it or not the Ultra Limited was the last bike I test drove. Compared to my softail, I was not used to the vibration at stand still, but once I rolled on the throttle it felt like I was riding an electric bike, just so smooth and the handling blew me away. How could this 900lb bike handle better than my softail? The comfort, storage, price and sound system sold me on the Ulta! I never thought I would own a bike with all the storage because it looked ‘old geezer’ to me! Well I get it now. Now just planning a vacation to load this baby up and get lost somewhere exciting! I have been married to my wife for 36 years and riding is the second most fun thing we do!!!
Congrats on the new ride. I am lucky like you by having a wife that said "buy it!!" She is bummed when I ride on my days off when she's at work. Even after nearly 25 years of marriage, we still love spending time together. I never thought I'd own a a big bagger either....until I actually rode one. I couldn't figure out why so many people had them. I was sold pretty quick. When I looked at upgrading my my '11 UC to a '15 Limited, it took about 10 minutes into the test ride before I was sold.

Taking the roads trips is a blast. We like doing the road trips to nowhere. It's such a fun way to see the country. We've gone so many places that we'd never think of going if we didn't have a bike.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:42 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Congrat's man,(bike and wife) great story, I'm sure we'll be hearing more from ya,

Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Good luck with the new scot. I went from a Softail to the Ultra Limited on 12/29/14. What a difference. Haven't been able to ride on have 86 miles.
Wife was like yours buy it been married 40 years. She didn't ride on the softail hoping she will on this one.

Keep the shiny side up..

Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 PM
MKennedy616
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats man! Great story! I'm 10 years in and just got my first touring bike for the both of us in August... Hoping to be in your shoes 26 years from now!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Beerlover2
.......... How could this 900lb bike handle better than my softail? The comfort, storage, price and sound system sold me on the Ulta! I never thought I would own a bike with all the storage because it looked ‘old geezer’ to me! Well I get it now..........
Amazing how many people "get it" once they actually try it. If owning the Limited makes me a geezer, so be it!

Old 01-28-2015, 06:06 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Congrats on your new bike and your wife's a keeper.

Thorey

Quick Reply: 2 week old 2015 Ultra Limited