Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top end stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:06 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Why when you're going to get all kinds of "outside/road" noise? Bike's aren't like home or cage environments where you don't have so much exterior distortion. Your ca$h is better spent on other upgrades...JMO. To each their own, but I prefer the sounds of the road over my audio.
Originally Posted by chief1600
Yep. That. I listen to a bit of music but mostly the radio is off.
True to each their own but it's obvious you've never heard a quality audio system while riding. If you had I think you may change your tune....pun intended.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:36 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd rather hear my tunes than the road noise...any day.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:42 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Money
Call Biketronics! Sony head unit, 4180 amp, 7.1's, 6x9's in bag lids. All the power you can handle, crystal clear and lifetime warranty on everything ( no questions asked) except Sony head unit.
i agree w/ the 7.1's

i ran them in my last RG and will do it again.

my set up was 7.1's in fairing and 4- 6x9's in saddlebads, 2- 300.2 fosgate amps . it was loud and sounded great but really needed aftermarket head unit to make it better. plan on running same set up again and adding head unit and maybe a set of tweeters somewhere up front. i think i had just over $2k in it for everthing

Old 01-28-2015, 08:56 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Why when you're going to get all kinds of "outside/road" noise? Bike's aren't like home or cage environments where you don't have so much exterior distortion. Your ca$h is better spent on other upgrades...JMO. To each their own, but I prefer the sounds of the road over my audio.
Now I'm confused on how to spend my money, what are these other upgrades I should be buying instead?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:01 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Highvoltagelucas
Thinking about a stereo upgrade on my 2012 street glide, any input is greatly appreciated. Loiking for a clear, crisp, high quality sound. Thanks in advance
Tons of great posts in the audio section, and great reviews on products for every budget. More info is really needed, what type of money your looking to spend is a big part of it. If money isn't an issue my vote goes to Biketronics all day every day.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 146 Posts

Need to know your budget when you say top end stereo. Lots of options out there on amps, speakers, subs, and head units. And what might sound like quality to some may not sound like quality to others. You will typically get better/quality sound from your Focal, Hertz, Rockford Fosgate type speakers. As far as amps are concerned JL and Alpine are some of the front runners but there are also other quality amps out there. If you are into subs then Hertz and JL are your best bet.

Now if you just want plug and play then you have Biketronics, Hawg Wired, J&M, and the infamous Boom Audio which almost no one recommends. So you can see there is a number of routes you can go. But I would hit up some of the guys over in the audio section for details.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It all depends on your budget. You can go inexpensive to expensive and somewhere in between. Biketronics is a proven leader but not cheap. J&M is not up to par, in my opinion and many others, and way over priced for what you get (just do some searching in the audio section for more info). Don't be afraid to ask questions there either, you'll get lots of good advice from the MEMBERS.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want "top end" another vote for Biketronics. Like mentioned check out the Audio Forum.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Highvoltagelucas
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default budget

Originally Posted by just plain john
What's your budget?
I was thinking about $2500 would be a good figure, or should I say that is what I'm willing to spend on a good system

Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Highvoltagelucas
I was thinking about $2500 would be a good figure, or should I say that is what I'm willing to spend on a good system
If it were me, I'd get a bluetooth Sony head unit, Hogtunes speaker lids, and a Biketronics 4180 amp complete with their 7.1's in the fairing and 6x9's in the lids. Guaranteed forever. That said, I didn't have that big a budget but mine still rocks for less money, but no lifetime guarentee.

Last edited by just plain john; 01-28-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: top end stereo