Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket 9252 ABS Bearing

Old 02-01-2015, 02:13 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Aftermarket 9252 ABS Bearing

Yes, I've search but no definitive answer - Looking for an aftermarket 9252 ABS bearing, I know All ***** has them as does DS (same parts I think) but there must be another source - often times those listed aren't clear if you are getting just the ABS bearing or a set for one wheel. As near as I can tell the OEM ABS bearing is made by *** in Canada but as much as I look I don't find anything other than the AB or DS kits which aren't really any cheaper.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:40 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked pretty hard last year and found nothing. As far as I know HD is the only place to buy the ABS bearing.

David

Old 02-01-2015, 07:08 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You can get them from the drag catalogue

Old 02-01-2015, 09:38 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fat daddy
You can get them from the drag catalogue
I know that, that's the "DS" I referred to - All ***** also has them which tells me either their ARE available if you know what to look for or the Chinese (EMQ) have knocked them off.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:52 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 1,704 Posts
Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 174 Likes on 133 Posts
Old 02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

World wide bearing, Brocks Performance ,Drag.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:44 PM
HowardHulin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WARNING !! ABS Bearing on PM Wheels not ABS

I purchased my new PM wheels with ABS bearings for my 2014 Ultra Limited early last year from a company here in Southern California known for their chrome wheels. Unbeknownst to me what I received were standard bearings with a plastic spacer. After several thousand miles the front began to not feel right. I took the bike to Harley (needed a new front tire after 20K so it was perfect timing) and the next call I received went something like this: "Did you know that your front bearings are seized and are not the required Antilock Bearing required for the system to work properly?"

Needless to say I had them remove those and look at the rear ones as well and they were standard bearings too. Both had plastic spacers that took up the space where the antilock bearing (Harley P/N 9252) should have been installed. The visual difference is the antilock ones are wider and have different colored seals on either side.

Well it looks like both the place I purchased the wheels from and PM are denying everything as of this date. God was with me in that it was caught before I went over the handle bars ... or worse.

So before you buy, make absolute certain you understand the difference between a standard bearing and an antilock bearing. My Harley-Davidson dealership is certainly not endorsing these bearings. And if you have purchased PM wheels for your new ride that has antilock brakes, please have them inspected by your dealership.

I hope this gets resolved soon ... maybe someone just made a mistake ... maybe they didn't. Either way I thought ya'll needed to know.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HowardHulin
I purchased my new PM wheels with ABS bearings for my 2014 Ultra Limited early last year from a company here in Southern California known for their chrome wheels. Unbeknownst to me what I received were standard bearings with a plastic spacer. After several thousand miles the front began to not feel right. I took the bike to Harley (needed a new front tire after 20K so it was perfect timing) and the next call I received went something like this: "Did you know that your front bearings are seized and are not the required Antilock Bearing required for the system to work properly?"

Needless to say I had them remove those and look at the rear ones as well and they were standard bearings too. Both had plastic spacers that took up the space where the antilock bearing (Harley P/N 9252) should have been installed. The visual difference is the antilock ones are wider and have different colored seals on either side.

Well it looks like both the place I purchased the wheels from and PM are denying everything as of this date. God was with me in that it was caught before I went over the handle bars ... or worse.

So before you buy, make absolute certain you understand the difference between a standard bearing and an antilock bearing. My Harley-Davidson dealership is certainly not endorsing these bearings. And if you have purchased PM wheels for your new ride that has antilock brakes, please have them inspected by your dealership.

I hope this gets resolved soon ... maybe someone just made a mistake ... maybe they didn't. Either way I thought ya'll needed to know.
Post would be a little more meaningful if you named the place you bought them.

However, why did your ABS light not come on? Something doesn't smell right here...

David

Old 03-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The drag ABS bearing just came out. Far less than from Harley. Part number 0215-0964 Retail is $21.95 to Harley's $50. Numbers on the bearing are W2552-2RKS3 When I Google this number All ***** comes up so I'll bet they get it from them.

Doesn't say where it is manufactured.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket 9252 ABS Bearing