Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Oil Temp Sensor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:13 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts
Default HD Oil Temp Sensor Replacement

Hi,

Anyone have the sensor P/N handy?

I have the unit already installed, noticed the connection is in rough shape. This is the gauge mount one on my 09 FLHX.

Thanks

H

Old 02-09-2015, 11:43 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Oil Temp is not standard equip , its an accessory;
look up the kit on HD, http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-fairing-mount
open the instructions with a parts break out. http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J05410.PDF

72357-04

Old 02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Tookey
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe 72357-04 is the correct number

Old 02-09-2015, 11:55 AM
HFS
Club Member

Appreciate the help.

Thank you.
H

Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 PM
HFS
Club Member

Ordered one today.

My dealer charges 17% over MSRP.

O-Canada.

Need it. Don't feel like trying to find the Delphi equivalent.

Harry

Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the McEuin oil temp gauge. Sending unit went bad and I took it to a O Rielys auto parts and they crossed referenced it, came up with a number and ordered one for me. Think it was close to $12.00. Made in Yugoslavia.....

Trucky911

Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 PM
badjustbad
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm replacing the front fender on my FLHTK, doing the brakes and replacing the rotors (again). I thought I might as well paint the inner fairing while I'm at it and while the fairing is apart I might as well replace the shock oil and install the Titanium Oil Temp Gauge. My poor bike now looks like a dirt bike - time to start putting it back together.

The instructions on how and where to connect the temp gauge wiring inside the fairing is vague. I suspect if I had the Electrical Manual (There is one, right?) it would help. Does anyone have a picture of the connector or can you give me a good idea where to look? I haven't looked for it yet so it might be obvious (The gauge was an afterthought.).

Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by badjustbad
I'm replacing the front fender on my FLHTK, doing the brakes and replacing the rotors (again). I thought I might as well paint the inner fairing while I'm at it and while the fairing is apart I might as well replace the shock oil and install the Titanium Oil Temp Gauge. My poor bike now looks like a dirt bike - time to start putting it back together.

The instructions on how and where to connect the temp gauge wiring inside the fairing is vague. I suspect if I had the Electrical Manual (There is one, right?) it would help. Does anyone have a picture of the connector or can you give me a good idea where to look? I haven't looked for it yet so it might be obvious (The gauge was an afterthought.).
Not sure about the newer bikes, on my '07 Ultra, this is the sensor for the ambient air temp gauge. Under the batwing. Unplug the harness from the white cube and plug your oil temp sensor into the harness. This assumes you've installed the oil temp gauge.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:36 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts

This might be a good alternative. http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=29 They also make 'em in *Celcius for the Canadian folks.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:45 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 2010 glide and my gauges have white background. Harley only offers black. Thats gonna look quite odd. I was wanting to do this mod as well, but i dont want one gauge different from the rest.
I thought there was an auto parts company that had a white or black gauge for around a 100 bucks. I cant seem to find or remember the name though. ?

Quick Reply: HD Oil Temp Sensor Replacement