Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for 2015 ultra limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Beerlover2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for 2015 ultra limited

Not going to change much on this bike but wanted to max the performance with new exhaust and get rid of the catalytic converter. Because I enjoy the music on this bike I want to keep the noise similar to stock. Any recommendations?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

Supertrapp disc system mufflers are high flow and can be set up to be quiet- always top rated for power shoot -outs.

I have used these on my Evos and TwinCam.

H-D markets the similar Fatshots which can be set up with disks and a closed end cap to be similarly quiet on a decatted header.

This is all a challenge for you without hearing...I'm at SR51 and Shea if you want to hear my set up, pm me.

I will suggest that a prime consideration is keeping your warranty valid...maybe wait awhile

these are modified fatshots in that I have a solid disk in there- this is to control sound as my headers do not have a cat

These are the fatshots with snuf r not end caps, open/closed with turn of a wrench, so loud/soft

These are Supertrapp Supermegs:

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-10-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Beerlover2
Not going to change much on this bike but wanted to max the performance with new exhaust and get rid of the catalytic converter. Because I enjoy the music on this bike I want to keep the noise similar to stock. Any recommendations?
Be careful with warranty issues.... You remove that cat you could run into a warranty issue. If you do slip-ons you will be ok. I was told by my dealer though, they had to install them. I couldn't. Made no sense to me but since my ride is new I didn't want any hassles if a problem arose.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
ifly680G
Novice

Beretta52, How do you like those HO Vance and Hines? I have a 2015 FLHXS and ordered the same ones at the dealer and they said nothing about them having to do the install.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:48 PM
ifly680G
Novice

Looks like I have to update my Pic, as that is my old Dyna.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my H.O.'s alot

Old 02-10-2015, 05:52 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Beretta52
I was told by my dealer though, they had to install them. I couldn't.
Originally Posted by ifly680G
... and they said nothing about them having to do the install.
A Dealer is NOT Harley-Davidson.

they cannot modify the Factory Warranty.

Any promises they make "we'll cover it" get that in writing.
Ask what happens if you are 500 miles away.

This is something a new owner needs to be aware of.

Remember the service writer is on commission- so are other Dealer personnel...they want to sell you products.

As for warranty compliance Harley-Davidson and Screaming Eagle parts are marked as such in the catalog.
As for after market parts- generally if they are sold as "closed course, competition, not for use on public roads" they will not be compliant.

Often a Dealer will offer to extend the warranty period of accessories ( like chrome bubbling) installed by then at the time of purchase- they may also offer to roll that into the purchase price so that you can pay it off over time ( with interest). That could be what the dealer was offering Baretta.

Some of us put their own stuff on, and restore to stock if going to the dealer for warranty work. Some wait until the warranty period is up.
Some do awesome performance work and then look at the pile of broken motorcycle they have created.

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-11-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ifly680G
Beretta52, How do you like those HO Vance and Hines? I have a 2015 FLHXS and ordered the same ones at the dealer and they said nothing about them having to do the install.
We all have our choices, but I decided on V & H HO 4.5" slip-ons and could not be happier. I considered Rineharts, and CFR's, but with the look of the pipes and how nicely they fill in the underside of the bags I felt the Vance & Hines were the best bang for the buck. And sound quality. They just sound deep &" throaty" especially on acceleration. Better than what I picked up from Rineharts. CFR's were too loud for slip-ons, plus I plan to change out my head pipes down the road, so I don't want too much noise. As for the dealership saying nothing about who would do the install? I was told unless they did the install there would be a warranty problem on my bike. Maybe it's bullshit? or bad info I was given, but it is what it is. I let them do the slip-ons. I already had the 2yr warranty so adding the slip-ons didn't change anything. Still do not know why I was given that information. That being said, I'll be using an INDY for any NON Warranty work.I hooked up with a good shop that did my bar job. Very happy with his work & he'll be getting my business.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
D4691
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm doing my own stage one when my 15 gets delivered. the only warranty issue I had on my 13 sg was my ignition needed replaced, if you pulled up on it, it would pop off. They didn't give me any hassle, and I got 2 extra keys for my bike. lol. It had a stage 1 on it at the time, FM AC, 2-1-2, and MGS customs 4" mufflers. This one I'm going to a 2-1 exhaust.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:54 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Beretta52
Be careful with warranty issues.... You remove that cat you could run into a warranty issue. If you do slip-ons you will be ok. I was told by my dealer though, they had to install them. I couldn't. Made no sense to me but since my ride is new I didn't want any hassles if a problem arose.
That there is BS.

There are thousands of posts on the subject here.

"They" tell you that because "they" want your labor money.

There is no difference in "them" putting slip-ons on the bike, and me putting a full exhaust system on the bike.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 2015 ultra limited