Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this..What does screaming eagle mean?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:31 AM
garcon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to this..What does screaming eagle mean?

On the box ,the tuning module came in has this written on it" Harley Davidson Motorcycles with some ScreaminPerformance parts may not be used on public roads and may be restricted to closed course competitionuse. This product is not legal for sale in California on pollution controlled vehicles. Screamin Eagle Performance products are intended for experienced rider only. This product is inteded for raceapplications only.
WARRANTY IMPLICATIONS
INSTALLATION OF THIS PROCUCT ( and similar products from other manufactures) may reduce or void your Harley Davidson Vehicle warranty.
WHAT GIVES??
Does that mean the 2002 RoadKing I purchased is actually illegal to use as dailey rider? Ipurchased the bike from a Harley Davidson Dealer in PA. They inspected the bike an never mentioned anythng to me about the bike being illegal. They just told me to keep the module and that it is used specifically to tune my bike. No mention of illegalities or referance that I had purchased a bike that was somehow differant from stock except they said the pipes had been changed anddifferant air cleaner. Should I worry about the illegal stuff written on the box? Also,should Icarry the tunning box withme on the bike in the bagsat all times? If I find out this bike is somehow going to give me grief from police or inspection stations, I feel like I might have to return it. Maybe I am making more out of this than it really is, but just spent alot of bucks on this ride and don't want problems or hassels down the road. Also if the above is true, I feel they didn't tell me the truth about the bike. Their advertisement for the sale of the bike never mentioned anything about Screamin Eagle. In fact, I actaully didn't even knowtheir were consequences for changing pipes and air filter.Whats your opinionon all this.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
jockdawg
Advanced

calm down dude, it's just some aftermarket stuff that was put on there, don't worry about it.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:48 AM
garcon
Cruiser

Got Ya...that's really what I thought, but just wanted reassurance do to "Warning" I read on the box. Thanks

Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,968 Likes on 1,717 Posts

That warning really means "We the motor company realize how this engine was supposed to be built and really wish we could have sent it out of the factory the way it should have been. However, due to EPA regulations as set forth by liberal tree-hugging politicians we were forced to give you what you got. Therefore, we also make available accessories (for a small fee of course) that can make your engine the way it should have been in the first place, but we claim no responsibility if you do something stupid and then attempt to come after us with an overpaid ****-whap attorney. Therefore, we state that all accessories are for off-road use only and will void any warranty that you may have on your motorcycle."

The following 2 users liked this post by dawg:
Prodigal_Sun (01-09-2020), twobanger1 (08-29-2023)
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 AM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=exactly.gif]