Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hd riding jackets

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Northride
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondGear
Anyone have experience with the Harley Men's Triple Vent System Evolution Waterproof Leather jacket? It's on the pricey side but I don't mind spending $ on quality. If you've ridden with this jacket, I'd appreciate your experiences.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...leather-jacket
My son and I both have that jacket and love it. I find it is more for the spring and fall (if you have a fairing) but it fits us both well and it is very warm. I got mine 1 size larger and glad I did as I can wear additional fleece or sweater underneath. Great quality and breaks in nicely after a season.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:26 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree about not wanting to wear logos everywhere. That's why I really like this particular jacket. There are logos but they are subtle.

I checked out Langlitz but can see any prices or any way to order online. Do they only sell in the store?
You have to call them, yes they do have jackets that have been made or traded in, but with Langlitz you give them your measurements and they custom make your riding jacket to you. (Any hide or leather, any weight your request) More over they make true riding leathers. Langlitz is the only thing that you will own related to your bike that will appreciate in value, they are that good.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:28 AM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

I picked up an FXRG waterproof textile jacket last fall on the clearout rack for a pretty decent price. zip out liner, venting front and back, armor, and built in kidney belt. I like that it doesn't have HD splashed all over it, and riding at freezing temps it was almost too warm with the liner behind a fairing.

http://motorclothes.harley-davidson....tem/98378-12VM

Last edited by teeroy_; 03-02-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

My wife bought me this FXRG jacket about 3 weeks ago, when my dealer was having a 20% off sale.

I have yet to try it - it's snowing again today ahead of sleet & freezing rain, then rain - but the waterproof leather was what sold me, along with the lifetime warranty. Definitely not cheap, even at 20% off but with that discount it is close to what a premium jacket, such as something from Fox Creek Leather would cost. I was considering buying a jacket from them before I got the FXRG.

Now I'm looking at a pair of waterproof boots (as my riding boot soles are getting worn), and a pair of their waterproof leather gloves too. The boots are made by Wolverine and again if buying when there is a sale are generally competitively priced.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 PM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the XFRG Leather and it truely is a great coat. Waterproof leather, great liner that can be worn as a lightwieght jacket, venting, removable elbow and shoulder protection and a kidney belt all in one coat. LOVE IT!

I can wear the coat in various configurations from 35-85 degrees or even 90 on the hwy. Below 35 for short hops is okay but add heat for extended cruising.

Keep in mind waterproof in a leather coat is good but they are not designed to be rain gear as such. Water will still leak down your neck rather easily.

Mine is about 4 years old and the zipper is getting hard to get started because of the twoway pulls...I hate those damn things. I will take it in and get the zipper replaced. My buddy has the very first one that Harley came out with. He had the same zipper issue and they did replace it free of charge after about six years of use and an obvious tumble.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:28 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have experience with the Harley Men's Triple Vent System Evolution Waterproof Leather jacket? It's on the pricey side but I don't mind spending $ on quality. If you've ridden with this jacket, I'd appreciate your experiences.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...leather-jacket
I have one of these in XL brand new, with tags for sale, never worn, not for a minute!
$350 - PM me if interested

Old 03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,506 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Technology is always evolving, but I'm very happy with my Fox Creek Classic II jacket. There's no substitute for a good thick leather.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
Keep in mind waterproof in a leather coat is good but they are not designed to be rain gear as such. Water will still leak down your neck rather easily.
I did notice the loose fit around my neck; I'm hoping to find a neck gator to wear OVER the jacket collar to eliminate any water running down my neck. It seems most of those things are designed to fit under the jacket which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:57 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CGP93
I have one of these in XL brand new, with tags for sale, never worn, not for a minute!
$350 - PM me if interested
Bummer - I needed an 2XL... this could have been perfect.

Why aren't you using it?

Old 03-03-2015, 03:12 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer - I needed an 2XL... this could have been perfect.

Why aren't you using it?
its too big for me, got it for a gift and couldn't return it.

Its a shame cause its a beautiful jacket.

Quick Reply: hd riding jackets