Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hd riding jackets

Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default hd riding jackets

Anyone have experience with the Harley Men's Triple Vent System Evolution Waterproof Leather jacket? It's on the pricey side but I don't mind spending $ on quality. If you've ridden with this jacket, I'd appreciate your experiences.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...leather-jacket

Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I have a fave riding jacket- it's textile (here's your chance to skip).

I really like the HD 3 in 1 switchback jacket. it covers a temp range from 50º to 110º. Dry to light rain.
Since I bought one in 2010 my leathers are unused (and I have sold a few on craigslist locally).

another tip is get a light color ( mine is mostly light grey), that way you won't heat up in the sun.

Mike

Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for the link

Old 02-28-2015, 05:53 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

I get my leathers from leatherup.Com great prices and lasts.

Batman

Old 02-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Hraefn
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

That's the jacket I wear...I like it. High quality leather, the vents work as advertised, body armor inserts at shoulder and elbows...and back as well if you buy that piece separately. With good layering, one can ride comfortably down into the mid-30s...I know this from considerable experience.

I also really like the high-viz reflective material incorporated into the jacket...really lights up under headlamps.

Pay for quality; only cry once.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I just bought a tripple vent, but not the one you listed. I never pay as much for a jacket as I paid for this one, but after I tired it on, it fit like it was taylor made for me.

I waited until one of my local dealers was having a 25% off sale until I bought it. Even with the sale, it was pricey, and my wife was not happy I bought it.

I haven't been able to take a spin with it yet, as this winter has been harsh.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Gasguzlr
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got that exact jacket, rode with it all last year. It's a great jacket, keeps me nice and warm in cool weather, seems completely waterproof as advertised (although I have yet to wear it in a deluge) and the triple vent system works great. I will say that when the weather really heats up, I swap it out for my mesh jacket, as even with the vents, it's not cool enough for me, but then I like the cold.

Really well-made jacket, and as mentiioned above, it fits great and looks amazing.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

ross

Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 PM
oldpanzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a HD Beginnings Jacket in the fall at my dealer. I have used it every time I have ridden so far and love it. As it got really cold I added a Powerlet jacker underneath it and electric gloves. The jacket is adjustable enough to accomodate the extra layers without feeling bulky. It has multiple vents but until warm weather returns I don't know when I will have to switch back to a mesh jacket. I like the jacket allot and it looks good besides being very functional. I added some rain protect to it it by using Leather Honey on it just in case.
Now I shopping for some better pants for better protection than blue jeans.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:41 PM
stellarpod
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I own that very jacket, and have put 12,000 miles in with it. It is far and away the best motorcycle jacket I've ever bought. I am 6'4" tall and weigh about 290. The jacket was available in Tall sizes, which makes all the difference. It is entirely waterproof, I know as I've ridden many, many miles in pouring rain with no issues. It completely blocks the wind, allowing me to extend my riding season well into the colder months.

I truly have no complaints. It is my go-to jacket. About the only time I'll choose something else is when it is 95°+ at which point I grab a mesh jacket.

I know it's pricy. But I have NEVER regretted that purchase. I also ponied up the cash to buy the CE armor, which makes it a bit bulkier, but sure gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Bottom line: BIG thumbs up! I cannot recommend this jacket highly enough. It is probably the best money I've spent on kit, other than my Shoei helmets.

Steve

Old 02-28-2015, 09:14 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stellarpod
I own that very jacket, and have put 12,000 miles in with it. It is far and away the best motorcycle jacket I've ever bought.

Bottom line: BIG thumbs up! I cannot recommend this jacket highly enough. It is probably the best money I've spent on kit, other than my Shoei helmets.

Steve
Thanks everyone. I read the reviews on the HD site but I trust the folks here s much more. I'm going to buy it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hd riding jackets