Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby Apes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM
DRJ1911
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the WO577 on my 14 Ultra and love them. Your hands will be above the fairing and you will need new lines.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Probably,if you call them they can be more specific about the differences between the handlebars you're interested in and they can also suggest which cables you need longer.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:25 PM
HCC Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 87gtNOS
Let me get this right, the 575's are taller and wider than stock, but closer to the rider?

I have my stock bars pushed ahead all the way, maybe 1/4 from touching inner fairing where they are closest to the inner fairing. This in an attempt to make them sorta higher as I'm 6'2".

Not overly crazy about the thought that the 575's are closer to me?

Is this a situation where I should skip the 575's in favor of 578's?

Sorry for the thread hijack, your help is appreciated!
It's always best to take a measurement of what height bar that you really want. Body height to handlebar height is not a good consideration.

We always recommend taking a tape measure and have someone help you do this: Sit on the bike in the position that you ride and place you hands out where you want the bars to be. Have your assistant measure down to the base of the existing bar with the tape and you will have a good idea of what height you want.

Things to consider are: Hands that are higher than your heart may get numb on long rides due to blood flow. The higher the bar, the poorer the handling. The lower the bar, the more strain on your back.

Width, wider bars are usually more comfortable. Some riders prefer the Narrow look though.

If you are looking for a Wild 1 kit, Conventional Ape kit, Yaffe Bagger bar kit or PrimeApe kit, we have all of these available this month on sale. We have the kits with cables, brake lines and wire extensions to help make the process easier for the owner. Let me know if we can help you!

Thank you!
Ron

Old 03-05-2015, 02:48 PM
87gtNOS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HCC Cycles
It's always best to take a measurement of what height bar that you really want. Body height to handlebar height is not a good consideration.

We always recommend taking a tape measure and have someone help you do this: Sit on the bike in the position that you ride and place you hands out where you want the bars to be. Have your assistant measure down to the base of the existing bar with the tape and you will have a good idea of what height you want.

Things to consider are: Hands that are higher than your heart may get numb on long rides due to blood flow. The higher the bar, the poorer the handling. The lower the bar, the more strain on your back.

Width, wider bars are usually more comfortable. Some riders prefer the Narrow look though.

If you are looking for a Wild 1 kit, Conventional Ape kit, Yaffe Bagger bar kit or PrimeApe kit, we have all of these available this month on sale. We have the kits with cables, brake lines and wire extensions to help make the process easier for the owner. Let me know if we can help you!

Thank you!
Ron
Thank you Ron!!

Old 03-05-2015, 03:08 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The WO578s will put your hands even with the top the fairing

Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Very interested in going with WO 578's. Can I assume (I know I should never assume) that with the chubby's being 1 1/4" outside diameter, the inside diameter is also bigger? Or is the id the same?

If they are indeed bigger id, and the smooth bends, wouldn't this make these bars easier to wire internally?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:19 PM
digz`
Tourer

I just installed my 578's and wiring was easy. They holes are larger under the controls which makes it easier.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:29 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by digz`
I just installed my 578's and wiring was easy. They holes are larger under the controls which makes it easier.
Did you have to extend everything...wires, clutch cable, brake line, etc? If so, how much longer? I've read different reports of all stock stuff working with a bit of re-routing.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:34 AM
HCC Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lefty33
Very interested in going with WO 578's. Can I assume (I know I should never assume) that with the chubby's being 1 1/4" outside diameter, the inside diameter is also bigger? Or is the id the same?

If they are indeed bigger id, and the smooth bends, wouldn't this make these bars easier to wire internally?
The inside diameter is larger except in the controls area and clamping area where the bars reduce down to 1". Wiring installation is easier because of this. If you need a cable/brake line kit, we can supply that for you also.

Thank you!
Ron

Old 03-07-2015, 08:23 PM
digz`
Tourer

I bought new clutch and brake lines because i wanted them braided so i got them longer, and I also bought the wire extension kit. Im not a big fan of rerouting the lines and making them hang down to fit, i like them to follow the bars..... just cleaner looking to me.

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby Apes