Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready for riding season!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Scaffido
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting ready for riding season!!!

It's been another long winter people. My bike has been plugged in and covered for 4 1/2 months. I'm getting excited because I'm 30 days away from getting back on it. I usually try to get it on the road by April 1st. Living in S.E. Wi, sometimes it doesn't go according to plan.

When does everyone else in the northern half of the country get their bikes on the road???

Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

This has been the warmest winter on record here in Idaho. I have road in every month this winter. Going to be in the 60's in the next few days. Ride brother ride. Did I say I hate winter.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaffido
It's been another long winter people. My bike has been plugged in and covered for 4 1/2 months. I'm getting excited because I'm 30 days away from getting back on it. I usually try to get it on the road by April 1st. Living in S.E. Wi, sometimes it doesn't go according to plan.

When does everyone else in the northern half of the country get their bikes on the road???
Give it a good visual check to be sure no critters took up residence over the winter. Check the air in the tires. Hit the starter button and ride.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Dgigear
Advanced
Received 39 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the burbs of Chicago. April 1 might be a good day to shoot for.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

This week we will start to get temperatures over zero celcius (32F+).
From there, yep we can start the 30 days count down!

Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 PM
sgr60
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

We're still way below average temperatures here in the northeast - more snow and freezing rain falling this week. Should be warm enough to ride by the end of March, but with 2 feet of snow on the ground (not to mention a ton of salt) it might be a while before I can get out. But I'm counting the days....

Old 03-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

I live in Milwaukee. Even if they weather is "ridable" my bike will not come out until after atleast 2 good rains to wash all this salt away.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,866 Posts

We still have Big snow and below average temps here in northern Michigan. I'm hoping for above average temps in April with a few hard rains before then, like Melroy said. I've got the itch to ride BAD ! (First Harley! only one season under my belt). I just put my driver back rest on, doing the R.S. siren mod. Next is a good coat of wax on it.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 AM
overthehill?
Road Master
Received 166 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sgr60
We're still way below average temperatures here in the northeast - more snow and freezing rain falling this week. Should be warm enough to ride by the end of March, but with 2 feet of snow on the ground (not to mention a ton of salt) it might be a while before I can get out. But I'm counting the days....
That....and here in MA, even worse. As I look out the window this morning, there is like 4 feet of snow (not joking), and it snowed last night and again tomorrow. I'd love to say April, but realistically there could still be snow on the ground in May, not to mention all that sand and salt.....sign me, bummed in MA.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 AM
bru
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in S.E. also, two more days of below average temps for this area and then we are hopefully heading into spring. Ready to ride!

Quick Reply: Getting ready for riding season!!!